1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

so sad.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by AC from TO, Mar 25, 2004.

1. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

:cry:

This week we had an onset of parvo in the shelter. The only dogs that we lost were pitbulls. 1 6mos red and white, and 1 3yrs blk and white... It seems that its only the pits that are unluky enough to end up with these a%# hole owners that never bother with a vaccine!! We had to put 2 dow and the rest of the building seems safe so far. :(

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

That is so sad! Wish there was a way to educate people on how important it is to get the vaccines.I had an Aussie 15 yrs. ago that got parvo EVEN after getting her first of series. It was a few hundred dollars back then, now it's CHA-CHING!! I know this subject has been discussed to death, but these B.Y.B. don't even want to feed pups food let alone get them vaccinated. When I worked in a vet clinic, we put parvo dogs in quarantine. We had to bleach everything before coming into the hospital room after being in the quarantine. There was a big baking sheet at the door where we had to step in to sterilize the bottom of our shoes. After awhile, it eats the bottom of your soles. But parvo is that contagious. Good luck with your shelter dogs. They need all the good luck they can get.

3. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

Another day passed and everyone still looks good!! But you're right....I need new boots!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow A a 3 year old pitbull with parvo that's uncommon parvo usually strikes younger dogs under 1 year of age and pitbulls are very strong dogs normally even without vaccinations, although they are Very Very important. Most older dogs who do get parvo usually will have a few symptoms of the disease but they often just pass in a day or two without treatment. I have fostered several dogs being treated for parvo but they have always been very young puppies.
    Good Luck to you.

5. AC from TO

AC from TO New Member

I think its because most of the pits that come through here are either ill-bred or imunosurpressed (sp?) for some other reason. We're seeing alot of demodex.

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Regina ~ Not true. Its commonly mistaken that olderdogs don't get parvo. BUt they DO!!! Dogs can get parvo at ALL ages.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry Sam I did not say older dogs DON'T get parvo I said it's uncommon.