1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar Glider?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by LuvMyPets, Aug 22, 2004.

1. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Hey, just wondering if anyone had sugar gliders of flying squirrels? I have both. They are awesome, and please tell me about them, names, ages, diet you feed, when they wake up! I love talking to people about them!!

:eek:

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Aren't they wild though?

3. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Yes and no. There are wild flyers and gliders. But there are breeders that breed some very sweet ones. For example, my glider is asleep in one of my hands right now, and we love each other very much! They are becoming more and more common as pets, but are not considered domesticated yet.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh! That's amazing! I didn't know that there were tame ones! Do you have a picture of one sleeping? Could you post it on this forum? Thanks!

5. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

6. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

do the squirells actually fly or am i thinking the wrong thing?

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I think they have this layer of skin between their forlegs and their back legs that when strechted looks sort of like batman. Lol. This allows them to glide like a kite. I think I'm right!

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Is s/he the one on your hand, cause if s/he is, he looks cute. s/he looks like a little stuffed animal (the toy ones). Lol.

9. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Nameless-Yep your right!

Gliders have the same thing

WooHoo!!! I'm getting another glider soon! My male is getting kind of lonely (they are VERY social animals, and my mom agreed, since he could die, as a result.

10. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

oops, didn't see that last post, Nameless, he is that one that was in my hand, he is almost always with me, in a pouch during the day. He is such a sweetie, and I think he's just adorable, lol, but all the glider people think theirs is the cutest! lol

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Really? Are they really that sensitive?!

12. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Yep, they are definately challenging pets, but for dedicated owners, they are well worth it!

What might happen if I don't get another:

Overgrooming-that's a sign they are lonely, they will groom themselves until they have bald spots (mature males always have 2 "bald spots" but they are not actually bald, just scent glands, one on the forehead, the other on the chest) Chester has bald spots above his eyes

Depression-they will refuse to eat, and sleep a lot more.

Self Mutilation-they will start chewing on themselves, to the point where the place (usually genitals) is red, swollen, and bleeding. It could get infected and its hard to get them to survive after its gotten this far.

I don't want that to happen to my baby!!!

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I wouldn't want it to happen to one of my pets either. :oops: :roll:

14. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Yeah I'd do just about anything for all of my pets, that's why I'm getting another, lol, that will be a financial setback....oh well, if it makes him happy

:mrgreen: theyre so spoiled!

I even let him sleep pretty much wherever he wants to, right now: sleeping in my pocket, he finds the weirdest places

15. M_wm

M_wm New Member

COOL! a guy on another forum im at his a tame raccoon :y_the_best:

16. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Tell us how well it goes with your sugar glidder when you add its mate.

17. LuvMyPets

LuvMyPets New Member

Will do! :y_the_best:

I had him in the tent last night, and he kept trying to find a place to go to sleep on me, in my pocket, under me, on top of me, or snuggled up right next to me. Then I accidentally fell asleep, and after we had both been alseep for awhile, he lightly bit my elbow, and it was time to play, because he was done sleeping. He's so bossy!! :lol: