1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The Life of Bobo (among others)

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by bellack1, Jun 27, 2004.

1. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

still limping :cry:

2. nern

nern New Member

Awe, poor little guy. Are you going to take him to the vet or wait to see how he's doing tomorrow?

3. vene

vene New Member

Here's Footsies old post:
    http://www.auspet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000561.html

Personally, I wouldn't take Bobo to the vet unless he's lethargic, fevorish, and not his old self. Use your judgement. If it's a sprain it'll take a while to heal. It it's something else then you need to take Bobo to a vet right away.

4. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Thanks vene. I dont think taking him to the vet is the best thing either. If he starts acting lethargic or sick I will take him but I think I will just giv him some time and see how he does. :wink:

5. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Everyone is just as playful as usual. Pooky is still just as jealous as ever of the kittens. When you talk to the kittys, she acts as if you're talking to her and runs up to you. When you sit somewhere low to play with the kittys she comes over and nudges her nose under your arm or hand to pay attention to her.

Aida is fine too. Besides the peeing prob I've had with her lately(when I let her out she has 2 spots she loves to pee in which makes the kittys pee there as well :| ) shes good.. When I open her cage, the kittys love to go in it with her. She once nipped at Bobo-just warning them and telling them this is her space. She adjusts fine to other animals.

Bobo is still limping as you know. I'm just giving it time. It seemd a little swollen the other day but not now. I think its a sprain b/c it's def not broken. If its not better by Friday I'll have the vet look at it when we go. Its not worth it to make an appointment when I'm oing in 3 days anyway.

Patches and Bella are acting as if they've been littermates all along. The wrestle and chase eachother all over the house.

The next vet visit is the 13th. They're going to be dewormmed for the 2nd time. The the third visit is the 28th for their 2nd distemper. Then off to plan for their neutering :| They just finished their meds yesterday. When I go to the vet on Friday we'll see how much better they got. Patches still has watery eyes so I dunno :? My next check is already spent on this visit. :cry: I'm drained from these kittys and school starting but its totally worth every penny!!!!!! :y_the_best:

6. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

7. vene

vene New Member

I saw Bobo's post on Catster! :eek: I think you need to go to college and finish real quick and get a great job so you can afford your menagerie of wonderful animals. They are so lucky to have found you to give them such great care! :wink:

8. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

LOL vene I know exactly what you mean. Di says I'm definatly going to have a farm with lots of fur babies. Thanks :lol:

ps... aww Vene I can't see the little pic you have under your name :cry:

9. vene

vene New Member

I can't see yours either Bellack. I don't want to put up an avatar because I don't want my hubby to see how addicted I am to Auspet. I suppose I could put up a generic picture.

10. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

I don't have one but there is a square with an x in it like you made one but the pic isnt showing up

11. vene

vene New Member

I think it's because I tried to put the Catster url address on it earlier and auspet kept it an X.

12. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Well Bobo isn't limping but I can tell it still hurts. He walks on it but you can tell he tries not to put a lot of weight on it. Tomorrow is the vet visit so I will ask her about his leg. I think it is sprained and he just needs some time. It has gotten better over the last few days but slowly. He has just learned to live with it.

13. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

uh...uh....HELL--OO--O. WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN??? :0011:

i just had to read the last three pages of this post. i am not receiveing email notifications on this topic....i wonder what is wrong and how many other topics i have not received a message.

BELLACK!!!!!! ALL THE KITTIES!!!!! I looked on catster too. oh bellack i love all your kitties. and bobo is getting to be so big...like a regular kitten.

sheesh!! i better read down the list when i have time. i kept thinking...wheres bellack? how come bellack hasnt posted her new kitties?

okay...im a looser... :roll:

14. vene

vene New Member

Lynn, you can't trust the e-mail notifications. You've got to read all the posts. Sometimes over and over again beacause there's always something new.

Bellack, good luck with the visit/s!

15. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

bellack...when otis was young, about five mos. old, he jumped off a balcony when we were living in japan...got loose and stayed out all night, ending up getting into a cat fight. he didnt walk on his leg either. had to be in a soft cast for a month or so. then...from time to time, he would limp or pull it out and not walk on it for a day or two. but!! it seems as he got older, the limp got better. he lived to almost twenty.

my little bubby!!! :kiss_heart:

16. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

yep whenever I say 'oh look how huge he is' my friends look at me like I'm crazy b/c to the he really is a tiny kitty. After being with him and holding smokey, Smokey seems to huge. I cant believe Bobo is growing so fast.

yeah I stoped the whole email notification thing. Its annoying and doesn't work sometimes. Dont worry lynn everyone is a looser in his or her own way :wink:

YOU LIVED IN JAPAN???!!!?? Why haven't I heard this before. Wow everyone is living the exotic life huh. I can't believe Otis kept his limp all his life. It sounded as if it never really healed properly.

Since all 3 of us buddies are on now why dont we go into the chat room

17. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Well all 3 went to the vet today for their 2/2 deworming. They did great and the vet said they look so much better then when I took them home :lol: I told her about Bobo's limping ad she looked at it and said nothing was broken and he prolly just sprained it and to watch it and if it gets worse to bring him in for x rays but it should heal slowly cuz its a muscle and if it doesn't get better b/c hes still jumping and stuff on it then to take him in and they will wrap it. So he's okay. Patches and Bellas eyes still water alittle but she said it should clear up. Its a lot better then what it was. In 2 weeks they have to go back for 2/2 distemper and then I have to plan for rabies. After that I have to plan for neutering all 3. For all 3 it will be around $500. I dont know which one I should do first. Maybe all 3 at once but maybe not. When we got home Bella hissed at Patches for about 10 minutes and now is better so I'm worried that when he's neutered she will ahve a hard time accepting him again. They were at the vet together and same room and everything but I think it's just the smell. They should be fine. Any idea on who I should do first? Maybe Bella b/c she's thee only girl that risks getting pregnant or maybe the boys b/xc they start to spray. ???? Thy were all very happy to get hone. As soon as I let them out of the carrier Bella and Patches started purring. They love being home. :wink:

18. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

as of 8/14.....

Bobo is 8 weeks and 1 day old (2 months 1 day)

Bella is 12 weeks and 4 days old (3 months 4 days)

Patches is 15 weeks old (4 months 1 week)

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks guys for all your help. Bobo might not have made it if it wasn't for all your good advice. I'm so glad I found this site. It is VERY helpful and I want each of you to give yourselves a pat on the back!! \:D/ :-k =D>

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi bellack...sorry i missed you in chat....i went there...no one there. :(

i cannot believe that bobo is two months old....that just cant be possible. how strange.... :shock: :shock: like where did the summer go?

well...gotta go nighty...talk soon...k?? :wink:

20. vene

vene New Member

Do the neutering and spaying at the same time then they'll feel bad and get better all at the same time. $500 is a lot of "dinero" as Lynn would put it. Would you be willing to go to a reliable whisker's wagon or shelter to get low cost neutering/spaying done? You still have some time left before you decide. Most of my cats had spaying done at 6 months and did fine. Don't forget to ask for painkillers for Bella. It'll make a world of difference for her after the spaying.