1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

This is nutz!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Walt, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Walt

Walt New Member

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

are they $@#@# stupid??!?!? how dare they do that. seems to me they couldnt afford to find a real akita bitch to breed to so they thought 'hey, lets just breed him to our other dog *hiyuck*' idiots.

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I wonder what makes people look at their dogs and say Hey lets throw these two together and sell the puppies. This is rediculous. What are the benifits of bredding these two together? I can see some poo mixes too an extent, people are trying to make a dog with less shedding and less allergy problems. Did u guys notice their About dog pages links back to the AKC website. I have never seen that before!

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I don't understand fools like this! Why would you breed EM to anything! Really why would you breed a mix of Akita to anything. They already have touchy temps(ok badly bred ones, but they are dominant and indipendent right?) I mean all the "Aikitas" who have attacked and bitten people here were all mixes.

5. Angie

Angie New Member

Have you guys heard of Doodles before? lol
    I just saw this yesterday for the first time on some website.
    These people mix Poodles with Golden Retrievers and the get Golden Doodles. I don't know if anybody else does this bc I have only learned about it yesterday.
    Personally, I think its stupid.
    http://www.sevenacresfarm.com/GoldenDoodles.htm

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get the whole peek a poo thing either when I bought my pekingese about 4 years ago the breeder had pekingese and peek a poos and the peek a poos were just as much as the AKC registered pekingese. It seems like peek a poos are everywhere now. The classifieds are over flowing with them.

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I know I went to the pet store the other day, they had 6 different poo mixes and they all cost $300 more than the only purebreed dog there. I didnt understand that one bit. I will have to admit they are cute but a mutt is a mutt. I couldent see paying $800 for any dog. This is what they were asking for them. And the purebreed chi was $500 w/papers!

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I think pet stores (like the ones in the malls) should be outlawed. They are the biggest "PIMP" to puppy mills out there. They take any cross-breed "designer dog of the year" and sell it for a fortune without considering the conditions of the dogs involved.They only know two things, VOLUME and PROFIT!

9. lady_racergst

lady_racergst New Member

I think both mixed dogs are nasty looking and they wanted way to much for them crazy if you ask me but I think we all are saying that.

10. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a labradoodle. My friend says they say that it is a great dog, it has the temperment of a lab, and the coat of a poodle! I think when they "come out 'right'" they are good dogs, just not if you get the temperment of a poodle and fur of the lab!

11. Walt

Walt New Member

Ask your friends friend if they ever herd of the standard or giant poodle?
    If they like medium to larg poodle types all the work has already beed done!

No need to perduce mongrals.

12. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

For one. THe Akita, doesn't even match up to the breed standards, Two, wehre on the web site do they list the research factors looking into the breeds to determine if it would better the dogs? Three, One word, MUTT. Those are going to be big, sloppy mutts, that yeah, look cute now, but someone is not going to like what they get. And you were right. Everytime I hear of an Akita or Mastiff attacking someone, they were mixes. Not necessarly together, but what do you expect is going to happen with this mix!!!!

Were the parents temp tested, and with the mastiffs rep for horrible hip and blindness....oh my. I feel sorry for whomever falls for this scam. THey better pray that these puppies grow up with no vices or med probs. If they do. Lord help the ignorant owners wallett.

Oh no I've got it. Lets throw a Cheetah and a Persian together and see what we get! Or better yet, how about a bull with a poodle!

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Designer Mutts...

That's what most people call them... It's sick...

Poodles... Standard well bred poodles are really pretty much the same as a well bred lab...only well... BETTER because most of the time they're way smarter than a lab... Please don't make Poodles out to be something they are not... Standard poodles are great working dogs and pets...

Most of the time with the designer mutts you can get the same thing in a pure bred dog...OR a shelter dog... I can see in working conditions (severe ones like PP or hog hunting) where a mixed breed (properly researched etc...) can be helpfull and better than a pure bred dog...but as a pet...it's NOT necessary... If you want a pet go to a pure bred rescue or the pound!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sara Im a little confused by your post?
    Im assuming this is in regards to Tuttifruitis post?
    But the rest has kinda got me wondering what point you are trying to make? It sounds to me like what you are saying is anyone who wants a dog for non working purposes/pets should only get purebreds? Why? if it's a pet who cares if its a mix breed? and yes please do go to a shelter to adopt.
    I dont think anyone was agreeing that mixing breeds to produce "Mutts"
    is a good thing. But it happens the shelters are full of them.Please don't get me wrong I am not in any way condoning the breeding of dogs by irresponsible people. I just don't see anything wrong with adopting a mixed breed for pet purposes after all they need love to.

15. Sara

Sara New Member

Nothing personal...

My poodle post was just to the person posting about them being not docile or something...can't remember exactly...not a big deal...

But the rest of my post was pretty much just a rant. If someone wants a pet I think they should go to the shelter...if they want a pure bred pet then they should go to a rescue... I wasn't making any statement on what kind of dog makes a better pet...pure or not pure... My point is that people breeding these designer mutts need to have their head examined and if they wanted a mixed breed dog to look cool...just go to the shelter...

Pure bred animals or mutts are great as pets...and there are thousands of PETS dying every day...so the people breeding this dog and buying these puppies need to take a walk at the shelter (on death row) and think about it...

I was just stating an opinion about the "designer mutts"... Not really saying anything but there are other places besides a bogus breeder to get pet quality animals....pure bred or not... I was just preaching to the choir....LOL... not anyone in particular... no one here really seems to have the opposite outlook as me on the issue...

I hope I've made myself more clear in this post... I've had tooooooo much coffeee...so my mind is all over the place... sorry for lack of clarity.

16. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sara: I knew what you're talking about and I absolutely agree. If someone has a thousand plus dollars to throw at a clerk in a pet store for "This Years Newest Puppy Model" so they can brag about it along with their "Newest Clothes" and their "Newest Car", they are a contributing factor to all those "puppy factories" who have some of the most deplorable conditions on the planet. Go to a shelter or animal rescue league and save a life. And after they buy themselves a deserving pet and money is burning a hole in their pocket, donate it to a No-Kill animal shelter. Some people need to wake up and see there's something larger than themselves on this earth.

17. Sara

Sara New Member

Exactly

That's what I meant...

I was also making a point that some working people do have desires and needs to create or breed two different breeds together to get just what they want... Not all of them and I'm not saying only those folks should HAVE mixed breed dogs... But I am saying those folks should be the only ones Mixing breeds... On a necessity based thing...not based on what's cool etc...

*sigh*...it's just tooo much for me...

I'm off to play with my dogs now!

18. Walt

Walt New Member

LMAO :idea:

19. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

was being very sarcastic to make my point. Now that I re read it, it makes me giggle!!!

Just a bit off subject, but proves another point:

We rescued a 3 month old pony, he was chained by his back leg to a post (leg was broken by the way from him struggling for food) and he had to nurse off of a goat. Any how, he was the product of someone deciding to breed a miniture pony with a full grown 16hh Quarter Horse, go figure. Just shows the idiosy of people. He has major health issues, and not to meantion, if the daddy only stood 34 inches tall, and momma was 16hh, how in the heck did they pull that off???

I don't know, but people that breed to find out what it would come out to look like are idiots in my book, just plain morons that are toying with nature and putting animals at risk as well as humans.

One day perhaps people will open their eyes are realize this!!

At the rate of cross breeding, there won't be any friggin pure breeds left. A good example, The Caspian, not many people hav eheard of this breed of horse, why, People cross breed, and fool around, now its almost extinct. Only 330 known Caspians are recorded in the world!!! Scarry huh?? Just think about the dog breeds, it CAN happen.
    Leave the breeding to the pros, if you want to become a professional, study, and work along side another breeder for a few years, learn what you can, study and did I mention STUDY and RESEARCH!!!