1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

TICKS, HELP!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by loves-da-pits, Mar 22, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I live in PHX, AZ where ticks are a major problem. Well, the past week or so our weather has warmed to 90 degress plus and I found a couple of ticks on my dogs. I went to the vet and they gave me "Frontline" which is good for a month when applied. But they suggested having my yard treated by an exterminater. I was wondering if there is a product ( non-poisonous) somewhere where I can kill ticks without harming other animals sich as birds, lizzards, cats, etc. My dogs have been vaccinated for lyme disease, but still worry about tick fever and skin problems associated with tick bites. I haven't had a tick problem for 15yrs, but when I got Grace, she was froma B.Y.B. and when I first saw her she was all wet which was unusual. They said they just gave her a bath. When I saw the parents, I saw what I thought were ticks. The B.Y.B were trying to wash them away from the pups. They also told me she was 6 wks old where in fact she was only 4 wks.They only wanted the quick money. I saw Grace and couldn't leave her behind to those scumb bags.But anyway, that's how my tick problem came about. The eggs hatched that were on Grace and now I have a minor problem with them. I only want to use poison as a last alternative. If anyone has any solutions, it will be greatly appreciated.

2. Walt

Walt New Member

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

here is a web site that offers non-poisenous tick solutions.

http://www.outsidepride.com/flearepellent.asp

Where I live I do have ticks butit is seasonal, I dont like to over medicate my dogs either. So I use preventic tick collars on mine. It works pretty good, They kill the tick once it bites, because my dogs are short hair my best solution is when they come back from their walks I inspect them and just pull off the ticks of comb them off. Even thogh wel ive int eh country and as soon as the leave the backyard they get them. When they just hang out in back the rarely get ticks, so I dont have to worry about spraying, which I may have to do this year because we do have a horrible mosquito problem this year.
    honeybear