1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Treat? Please

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by GinaH, May 14, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

My poor Pinky woke up this morning with a huge abscess in her neck it looked so terrible! I took her to the vet and he checked her out and said it was just an abscess from maybe something she had eaten or swallowed and that it had most likely scratched her throat so he did x-rays and saw nothing foreign in her belly and he looked in her throat with a scope and found that she had a small laceration in her throat so he had to put her under anesthesia and drain the abscess and then put her on antibiotics. The only thing I can think of that could have caused the scratch are the baked pig ears I gave her to chew on. So now my poor baby has a swollen neck and some really Icky goo oozing from her neck.
    Needless to say I will never give any of my dogs pig ears again! Any treat ideas? I don't like to give them raw hide chews because I have heard bad things about them as well.

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I have heard bad things about pigs ears aswell. Pretty much the same thing that happened to Pinky, but it can be very hard for their tummies to digest.

I usually give the softer raw hide or I buy Harley what is called a Dino-bone. It is a huge bone with some of the meat left on (beef bone) and she will go at it for weeks. I usually dont let her have the whole thing because it would take forever and I just don't think its healthy, but she loves it!
    She is usually glued ot my butt, but when I give her a dino bone, I hardly see her for days and have to coax her to come upstairs.

3. BossierCityPit

BossierCityPit New Member

I cant give any of those to my dog, because has has a very rare coplication, called a mega-esophagus,, it is were his esophagus is enlarged, wich makes it difficult for him to swallow. so i let him chew on flavored dental ropes.

4. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

All I can think of is www.yummyfordogs.org that I had posted before.

I usually prefer to make Harley's treats for her, that way I know what she's getting.