1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Weight-Pull

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Angie, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Angie

Angie New Member

GOING TO MY FIRST WEIGHT PULL TODAY!!!! Can't wait to see what it's ALL about!! I think it will be very interesting!
    See you all later!!
    Have a nice day!
    :D

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Tell us how it goes!

Where are you located??

3. Angie

Angie New Member

In Louisiana!
    :D

I will be sure to let you know how it goes. I think this is the first weight pull that is close enough for us to go to.
    Im excited about it!

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Take Pics too!!!

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Cool, Have Fun!!! :D

6. jay

jay New Member

weight pull

Angie, i am a new member and was wondering where at in Louisiana that weight pull was gonna take place. I'm in Chalmette. Thank You

7. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

The Show/Pull is for today only unlike most being sat n sun. Because they are holding 3 events in one day, 2 confo and 1 pull. The event is in Sorrento at the Ascension Parish Center. I believe the judges will be Frank Rocca & Bobby Riggs!!!! :D Don't know who the weight pull judges will be.

8. jay

jay New Member

weight pull

Thank You :mrgreen:

9. Angie

Angie New Member

Hey True are you from here or just looked it up?
    It was really good but I expected there to be more dogs.
    I never thought a dog could pull 3,000 plus pounds!
    I am sorry, I didnt take any pictures ...only one.
    and ...
    I met Floyd Boudreaux!! He gave me a hug and he took a picture with my brother. (The only pic that I took!) Sorry, I didn't get the message to take pictures until I just got home even though I should have. Floyd is really cool though!
    Jay, nice to meet ya! We are in Norco. Do you have any pictures of your dogs? (If you have any?)
    Check out the site! www.freewebs.com/pisciottiskennels

10. Angie

Angie New Member

True come chat with me?

11. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

No I'm not from LA I just provided the info since I figured you were gone about the ADBA show being held in LA this sat. It is too bad that they didn't have it both sat and sun that way more people who are not competing can have an opprinity to come. Glad to here you met Floyd B. he is a great guy from what I've heard. But don't tell that to too many people believing dogmen are the evil people destroying the breed. Not a good turn out? Thats not a good thing for the club. The dog mine comes down from pulled over 6,000lbs. Which dog took the most weight pulled? A big dog? Or what. There always seem to be these big dogs competing, you can't get away from them! Sometimes taking most weight pulled! Some mutt taking MWP in a event thats supposed to be for APBTs. Did your bro take any dogs? What about Chloe? (hope I got the name right?)

12. Angie

Angie New Member

You can't bring any dogs unless they are going to be in competition.
    What about Creole?
    NO, he didn't bring any dogs. He hasn't done any work with them on pulling.
    BUT, I think he wants to try and get Tank into it but I am not sure if he will. I think he should because I think it would be great for Tank but I don't know because Tank is very strong and (even though he is a BIG guy and very strong) he has enough trouble (walking Tank) with all Tank's strength.
    I am not sure which dog pulled the most or how much because we didn't stay until the end. BUT there weren't many big dogs at all. The biggest dog I saw there was about Tank's size and there were only about 2 or 3 that size. There were a lot of smaller dogs. I was suprised to see a dog smaller than Meadow pulling 2,990 lbs! She had a little bit of trouble the first two times but she was very determined.
    I didn't really watch the confirmation part, just the weight pull. I don't really like how 'skinny' the dogs in the confirmation look. I know they have to be conditioned and no body fat or whatever but thats just my opinion. (I don't like really big dogs either though)
    Anyway, thanks for letting Jay know where and when. Yes, I was at the show already so thanks for giving him the quick response!
    I just though it was cool to meet someone of an... old bloodline? i guess. Do you know what I mean?

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Are you guys pulling on a rail system?

It's funny, out here we pull on dirt, carpet or snow... No rails to speak of really...

6,000 on dirt is unheard of... Hmmmm....

14. Angie

Angie New Member

Yeah, its on a rail type thing.

15. Sara

Sara New Member

I think Rails would give a better "true" reading of what a dog can pull... On dirt there's SOOOOOO much more to deal with (friction etc...) that it just doesn't seem like it'd be AS accurate as the rails are... The winner on dirt/carpet would pretty much be the winner on rails though...

Thoughts?

16. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I was talkinga about conformation with Creole, I know she is too young to do weight pull. 4-6 months is perfect time to start showing her and getting her out there.

i know what you mean about meeting people at the shows its great. [/quote]

17. Angie

Angie New Member

True, He didn't put Creole in confirmation. Hes not real interested in confirmation, I think he is more interested in the weight pull. If he would decided to put Creole in confirmation, he has A LOT of work to do! She is very active and stubborn. He still has a lot to work on with her.

Sara, I don't know much about the weight pull...that was the first one I ever attended. I did enjoy it though. I am sure that True_Pits would have good opinions about your question.

18. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I can understand then about not doing her if he's not interested, although conformation is something nice to do with a pup even for the weight pullers, and CH ACE are always nice. You don't have to do much to put them in conformation, as long as they will walk on a leash..lol They should be fine.

Dirt or whatever your definatly not going to be able to pull as much, there is way too much drag where as rails are smooth and allow the dog to pull the max weight possible and I think gives a truer reading, because there isn't anything working against the dog like dead weight dragging on the dirt.