1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Well I just couldn't stand not having a girl cat....

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Oct 18, 2009.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well, I have been surrounded by all boys too long. I decided today that it was time to get another girl in the house.....
    Went to the shelter and adopted a new baby girl!!! She is 2 months old and solid grey. What a purr box she's got on her!!!! I get to pick her up tomorrow after she recovers from being spayed. I can't wait!!! when I held her she purred as soon as I put her down she was off!!! then picked her up and purrrrrrrrr down and off she goes!!!!
    I'll post pictures when she comes home.
    :eek: :eek:

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Congrats! I can't wait to see her!

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Now just trying to think of a good name for her.... any suggestions?????

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

You are so lucky you are getting an all grey kitty. They are my favorite. Can't wait to see pictures.

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I really miss Patches she was the girl of the house besides me. And it just hasnt been the same without her. This new little one is adorable, beautiful grey with faint stripes. Greenish yellow eyes. Thinking of calling her Zoey or Chloe.
    Sure wish it was 4 pm so that I could go get her!!!!

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

It's hard to lose one of our very loved fur friends. I'm glad you are looking forward to a new addition. It's almost 4pm (4 1/2 more hours)! Funny how time flies, but also goes so slow at times.

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

The time is crawling.,........... :lol: it's 12:50 come on already!!! :eek:

8. vene

vene New Member

Congrats on the new family member. Zoey or Chloe, good names! I wonder how everyone is getting along and I can't wait for the pics. :mrgreen:

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Here she is everyone..... Drum roll

I would like to introduce our new baby "Chloe" she is 2 months old estimated date of birth is 8/1/09. She is happy and doing great and eating very well hard and soft (for now). The others well....... some uprising in the ranks.... but all in all typical of a new animal. They will straighten it out in time. She won't be out with them unsupervised for a long time she is only 2.30 pounds!
    Harley I think is taking to her better than Chopper he is interested but not really hissing anymore. Chopper is very intent he took a little swipe at her and is still hissing. I'm sure he will come around he is doing a bit better as the evening goes on.
    "Chloe!!!"
    [​IMG]
    "I'm a cutie I know"
    [​IMG]
    purrrrrr purrrrrrr wow can she purrrrrrr
    [​IMG]

what is that mom?????
    [​IMG]

10. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

congrats to you - she is darling

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Chole is so cute! I had to take a double take, as she looks so much like my Handsome did (when he was a kitten) who passed away a few years ago. She is going to be such a neat looking cat when she's all grown up. Not that she isn't right now! :mrgreen: Thank you for posting the pictures. I'm happy for you.

12. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thank you guys she is wonderful!!! As we speak she is asleep on my lap right now. She had a good day with the boyfriend stay at home dad I call him right now. Harley has accepted her just fine but chopper is slower to accept her he is still hissing at swiping at her. Not sure why he is acting up maybe because he was the baby and isnt now? I give them all lovin and treats. Buster is doing great with her just gets all excited so we have to be careful.
    She using the litterbox, eating both hard and soft, out and about supervised. Was a rough night she cried alot!! I went in a couple of times and not the other times. Radio, teddy bears, toys, night light.
    She's great love her!!

13. vene

vene New Member

You've got one precious girl here. I think Chloe is going to be Queen in no time. :mrgreen: Hopefully, those rough nights will end soon.

14. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well she had a great night last night.....She was having nothing to do with the bathroom nighty night time :mrgreen: Since the BF let her be out with him all day and with us all evening..... (he gave her the world so the bathroom was not going to work for her.....) So she slept next to me on the bed up til 3:30 am when she woke up sneezing (in my face mind you) so I got up with her fed her some wet food used the litterbox. We went back to bed she wanted to play she got off the bed ran around and about 4:45am she came back in and cried I rolled over so she could see me she then crawled up the automun and up onto the bed curled up next to me and we slept til 6am. :eek: So she is pretty happy these days....
    Harley likes her he runs after her when she runs around. Chopper is getting better still hissing but no more batting. She has figured it out if she has to go by her she poofs up and does the arching back and bounces at him and then by him :mrgreen:

15. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Your new kitten is so adorable. Looks like she is starting to fit in, too.
    I love the picture with all the furbabies in it trying to figure Chloe out.

My daughter has a kitty named Chloe and she has another one named Zoe so they are both great names. Chloe sounds perfect for her.

16. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Things are going well with Chloe, Chopper is tolerating her now very curious but he is doing much better he wants to play with her but is still not sure of her. Harley likes her he wants to play with her but is not sure quite what to do with her being so small. Buster didn't like sharing his bed he growled a tiny bit but the BF told him no and then he was fine and remains that way. I think he was like "now come on I already have to share my bed with the other 2!!" I guess they slept together for a long time.
    Chloe slept on my chest and across my neck all last night only to get up with me so that she could eat a snack and use the litterbox.

She goes to the vet tomorrow for her her first checkup with my vet and to get some meds for her respiratory infection she has developed from the shelter. Also to make sure her giradia is gone. She is really small I think the Giradia set her back a bit so we are playing catch up on her weight. So she gets very freq feedings for right now.

New buddy Buster
    [​IMG]

nap time with Buster awwwww
    [​IMG]

big chair.... ok small kitty hehe
    [​IMG]

Chloe just had woken up.....
    [​IMG]

Chloe's safe spot the second day home
    [​IMG]

17. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That is so cute that Chloe is sleeping next to Buster. The other pictures are very cute, too. What an adorable face.

18. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well had quite the scare this am with Chloe!!! Got up with her at 3:30am took her to the bathroom fed her she then walked to the litterbox. She did her thing but seemed like she needed to go more but maybe she was too tired. Took her back to bed she didn't seem to like where she was so she moved down the bed a bit and when I looked at her she was not using her back legs!!! so I sat up tried to place her on her feet and she sat down. So I took her into the kitchen so I could turn on the light to see her better. She would not stand!! She then drug herself along the carpet runner and pooped her tail poofed up, she then threw up and was panting and rocking her head!!

I quickly got the BF up and we got dressed and off to the ER vet. :cry: thought I was going to loose her as bad as she looked.

The vet took her back and awhile later he came in to talk to us and said well....on first check she was reluctant to use her legs but then started to get up, we put her on the scale to weigh her and then put her on the floor again and she took off running.... :lol: So I'm really not sure what happened.

We have her at home to monitor her since she was walking around the vets office. She is running around playing with Harley and Chopper acting fine...... She walks a bit stiff at times but other than that seems like nothing happened. Very strange!! :? She is a bit reluctant to jump so we have pillows or ramps per say to the things she likes to get up on, and she uses them.

Any ideas??? I think maybe she pinched a nerve? I work with spinal cord injuries so.... Or maybe she strained too much in the litterbox and "threw" her back out?? No clue!!!

Very relieved that she seems fine at the moment. Hope that doesn't happen again!!! Trying to be careful of her running and playing with the others but that doesn't seem to help she is very mobile :mrgreen:
    She was just at the vet yesterday for her new baby check up and all was good!!

19. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well Chloe is recovering.... have not had any more issues knock on wood. Took her in for a recheck her glucose is back to normal yeah!! Her respiratory infection is still an issue but she is doing better less sneezing but her eyes started to water yesterday so she now has some ointment to help with that. Poor little girl rough start in life!!

She does have an umbilical hernia from her spaying that will have to be repaired. But we are waiting a couple of weeks for her to mend and get over her infection.

It is possible her issue the other morning was she may have gotten a small part of her intestines caught in the hernia area that sent a blood clot down that caused her temp paralysis. It appears that if that was the case it got unstuck (if it was) so she recovered quickly. No-one knows.....vet said could be seizure disorder, intestine/hernia issue, neurological disorder, she does have a heart murmur but small puppies and kittens often have them and they disappear when grown up.

All in all she is doing well considering what she has had to go through so far in her small life. She is great so lovey and purrs soo much, sleeps with us up on the bed (on my chest last night). And on my lap as I am typing this.....

20. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

very very very sad!!!

Well Chloe had another episode this am took her to the vet where the vets did all they could for her but she soon passed away. Whatever it was that was ailing her she just could not fight it anymore.
    She had her hernia surgery on Sun because it was getting larger, and we were hoping that was what was wrong, but I guess it wasn't. Either it was a viral thing, a blood clotting issue, neurological issue (seizure) We will never know what happened to our sweet little girl!! In this world way too short but lodged herself in my heart and I am devastated!!! Soo much tragedy has happened to me as of late I was really hoping that with Chloe it would be over for awhile. I am feeling very cursed.

Born 8/1/09 passed 10/27/09
    Rest in Peace sweet Chloe you'll be missed!!!
    [​IMG]