1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What do we have here?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by pak3tz, Feb 28, 2005.

1. pak3tz

pak3tz New Member

Hey everybody, I am new to this forum. :p
    Here is my story.
    I rescued a dog from a puppy mill in Quebec, July 1, 2004. I had thought I was getting a chubby little shih poo, but I ended up with a scrawny 6lbs little dog, its a long long story but anyways, I brought her to a vet and she is now a healthy 11 lbs, bundle of love. The vet didnt think she had any shih tzu in her at all, and couldnt really tell what she had in her besides poodle. Can anybody guess what she may be :?:
    Heres a pic of her, I hope this works.
    [​IMG]

2. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

she's so cute! i don't know what she would be besides poodle though... i don't know too much about small dogs.

3. pak3tz

pak3tz New Member

Thanks, she had pigtails in her hair :? .
    I forgot to add that she is a bit shorter than a cat . Here is a pic of her when her hair was a bit longer.

[​IMG]

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

So she is about 7 months now right. Her coat is alot less fluffier than a poodle. Though her face looks mush like one. But her muzzle seems shorter. Her coat looks more shihztu than poodle. Rounder eyes that the poodle too. Also the shape of the front legs looks like the shihtzu. I have two poodles right now. She is a cute little gal.

5. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

It's hard to tell from a picture. I can definately see poodle in her; not sure about shih tzu, though. I've seen plenty of puppy mill poodles with the shorter, dwarf type legs and shorter muzzles. I was thinking maybe Maltese or Havanese could explain the coat?

6. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

It's hard to tell from a picture. I can definately see poodle in her; not sure about shih tzu, though. I've seen plenty of puppy mill poodles with the shorter, dwarf type legs and shorter muzzles. I was thinking maybe Maltese or Havanese could explain the coat?

7. pak3tz

pak3tz New Member

I forgot to say she was about 1 when I got her on July 1st so she is a little over a year and a half. She has short legs and a long body . The guy had all kinds of little purebreds where I got her from so thats why I am wondering what her father could have been. He says the mother was a toy poodle. I measured her from neck to base of tail and she is 13 " long and 8" and a bit high from her shoulders down, so she is a bit oddly shaped.

8. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Looks like a pooshi to me. Whatever she is though she is adorable.

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Do you mean 13 inches long and 8 inches from should to floor. Shihtzus are longer then tall. I still think she is that mix. Most of those mixes have more so the shihtzu short muzzle, but I have seen some that take more after the poodle. I belong to a poodle mix forum, so seen alot.

10. pak3tz

pak3tz New Member

Yup , puttin, those are her measurements. She also sheds a bit if she isnt brushed daily. But I had a poodle who did this too.
    Here is one latst pic of her, I promise. I just wanted to show her tail.

[​IMG]

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Her body looks like the shih to me. In the second picture where she has longer hair. Is that natural, or is it blown dry? Is that how she looks after her coat dries naturally. If the coat were to ger really long it would straighten out even more. I think you have what you think you have. One of my poodles has a natural tail too. I blow dry it straight. Soooooo do you blow dry or is that all natural?

12. pak3tz

pak3tz New Member

This is how her hair goes when it dries naturally. The picture was taken right after her bath.

13. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

She's very cute!! My guess is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel - poo mix (or however that goes)... her face (and especially the long ears) looks like a spaniel to me. Her muzzle is shorter, hence the king charles guess! :)