1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what does everyone do for a job?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Aug 28, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

just curious what do you do for work? even if you stay at home, you have a job.

I am an Office manager in a small consulting firm, but I dont manage people just run day to day operations which is basicly nothing, that is why I am on here so much so I dont die of boredom :D

I work with 5 guys and luv it, no henpecking with other women :mrgreen:

honeybear

2. Mix Breed lover

Mix Breed lover New Member

I work at an automotive factory, in the assembly department. I work only Mondays and Fridays but I hate it. :x I have to go to work shortly. :cry: I am mostly a stay at home mom and I love it. :D Oh well of to work. Oh and to all you Honda drivers out there. I helped build your car hehe.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

I work for a Mortgage company i process home loans i have been at this jobe for 9 years my broker (boss) is the best guy in the world i love him to death he is like my dad

honeybear i wish i worked with all guys geez some of the girls in this office drive me crazy.

4. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

I dont know..... I always have money tho.
    Guess i get most of it from hooking friends up with good deals from other friends.

My job is a (Middle Man) i guess :(

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Renee, the funny thing is the week before I got this job, my husband asked me what I wanted in a job, I said I want a small company with no Women! and where the people are nice. I was so fed up with the antics of the woman in my previous co. It was like my prayers were answered. Even thoughit is boring, I can basicly do what I want want wear what I want, and I just got a raise this week too! the boss said he couldnt survive without me. I just luv to hear stuff like that

honeybear

6. Rene

Rene New Member

honeybear congrats on the raise :eek: it takes me 1 1/2 hours to get to work so i'm trying to convience my boss to open an office closer to my house where I can be the office manger, loan processor, escrow coordinator and we can also do real estate. see my method closer to home (15 min away) and NO WOMEN well realtors and loan agents dont count cuz they dont sit in the office all day :lol: if i can convience him to do this i would be the happiset person in contra costa county :lol: (sure i think of this now that my kids are grown poor babies spent 12 hours a day in daycare their whole life but they still turned out good)

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

My Husband and I run an ornamental iron/welding shop. We make gates, fence, window guards, ornamental railings, security doors.

We have a website: www.garysgates.com

You can look at some of our stuff. (Not trying to sell anything :lol: ) We're in the process of adding more pictures.

P.S. Don't look at the word "Guards". The guy that did our website doesn't know how to spell :roll: and he hasn't changed it yet.

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I work at a community college assisting instructors with technology and doing special projects like web sites, CD's, etc.

9. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I work in the accounting office of a company that makes dental equipment....no, not teeth ( believe it or not we get alot of calls on that!)
    We make all of the equipment that outfits the dental office....the big chairs you sit in, the doctor and assistants chairs--- all that stuff we make right here in WA. ...Our company in Carson , CA is where we make the electronic type stuff...the overhead x-ray machines, tool rails, etc.-- and our company in Zeeland, MI is where we make all the cabinetry ..... counters, sinks, things like that.
    SO...next time you go to the dentist.....you just might be sitting in one of our chairs!!

10. Rene

Rene New Member

wow great website lovedapits

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I work sort part time with plenty of days where I might get a month off. Its more seasonal. My boss makes stuff to sell at rennisance faires. Right now they are in Maryland and I'm off a week. They make(and me) bota bags, purses, all sorts of differents types of pouches. And all the clothing is made from other people outside his shot. I just have to put the holes and grommets on the bodices. But leather is what I see all day. My hubby is a mechanic for what is now call Power Nissan. Has been for years.

12. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

This might come as a supprise to yall, but I rescue!! he he he..not the only thing I do though. That costs $$$ not make it!!

I'm the Buisness Manager of Nationwide Manufactured Homes. I over see the day to day operations of my sales people, do the financing work, title work and insurance and notarization of paperwork!!! I also deal with all service calls and hiring/firing. I also take care of ordering homes, payroll, and controlling my vendors and contractors! HumpH!!!!!

I too work with all males! Its lovely. I work with Wayne, an AWSOME sales man! He's 68, and David is great bilengual he's 45 and Ronny is 44.

Its a 9-5 salary job, BUT>>>>>>

When I get home the real work starts!!!! Another 8-10 hrs to go!!!!

Clean kennels, feed, bathe, cook, exersize..the whole 9 yards!!!! Then I get to go inside, do laundry, cook, clean do dishes....whew!!! I'm lucky to get to bed by 11:30..... then I start all over again!

Granvel is a Rig Welder. He just bought a drilling rig. (OIL and GAS..) Sooo hopefully that will blast off and we'll be making some REAL money.
    Those oil fielders out there know what I'm talking about!

13. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sharon, what a cool shop! and products you have!

Sam, thats right our babies are a full time job too. How do you buy an oilrig? thats fascinating, I just thought things were like the exxxons and stuff.

honeybear

14. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

my husband and I own a comic book store in Flint Michigan. We love it because we can have the dogs with us all day at work and they are never left home alone!! :y_the_best:

15. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

He has been working and welding and drilling on rigs for quite some time now. Basically you fork over about 100K and get started! Its a VERY expensive operation, but you make lots of $$$ once you get started. The first 4 holes we drill will be to pay off the rig. But after that its all profit. Plus all wells will have a 40% intrest in them.

Its a very dangerous job, you have to have the right skilled people to drill it, daring roughnecks to work it, and qualified mud logers to make sure there are no blow outs. Plus an experianced driller. He'll run the thing!

Its a dirty job as well. Lots and lots and lots of grease, oil, gas and yuckynes!! Not to meantion the mud and acid!!!!

ITs all exciting. Just scary to me because so manythings can go wrong and "BOOM" big expolsion.

16. GinaH

GinaH New Member

IM employed by Blue Cross Blue Shield as an Insurance Auditor but I work privately from home. Hence the reason IM always logged on here..lol
    I worked for the corporate offices for BCBS of Wy for a very long time then we moved to Illinois they offered me a position in the corporate offices here and I accepted under my terms. Number one being I work from home which I love! I have so much more freedom! Still the same deadlines and piles and piles of work but I get to do it at my own pace and in my PJ's!
    My husband is a corrections officer in a Super Max security prison and a part time State Patrolman so his job really stresses me out. I worry all the time about him. The prison he works at is the one where Juan Gotti was as well as many other well no "Bad Guys" there are presently four well known serial killers being held there.

17. Coconut

Coconut New Member

LOL, that's cute... a job! heh... :mrgreen:
    I am actually starting school wed. and I am working now to try to get into modelling. I am also a dancer, but for now, that's not making me money!

18. nern

nern New Member

I work in an office and do general office work....mostly data entry.

19. Jody

Jody New Member

I'm Admin Manager for the Department of Veteran's Affair, don't manage anybody just have a huge job of Data Processing and Data input that needs major concentration.

jody

20. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Forgot to mention that I usually work by myself most of the time. There is a nice hispanic lady that comesin to sew, but its har to talk to her. she doesn't always get what I'm saying. But when I'm alone it either me and whateve radio station I'm in the mood for or if in veiw of the t.v. what ever I want to watch. Most of what I do I can take a look every few seconds.