1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What is your cat scared of?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by KittyTales, Apr 15, 2004.

1. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

Hi guys!
    I was wondering what your cats most scared of.
    :lol: My cat likes to watch my hamster but when I take her out of the cage he fluffes up his tail and runs away!He is also scared of going outside and bugs!
    He!He!He!

2. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

The vacuum cleaner and strangers. He runs and hides every time I bring out the vacuum and every time the doorbell rings. There's not much else he's scared of.

3. nern

nern New Member

Rhiannon is scared of everything especially loud noises or sudden movements but I think that it has alot to do with her poor eyesight. Hoggle is scared of visitors and will disapear without a trace when anyone comes over and he won't come back out until about 30 min. after they are gone.
    Tiddy is'nt afraid of much but he did fluff up like a balloon and go flying out of the room like a bullet when my computer made a loud cat screech noise....this happened at least twice before I figured out how to remove the sound. LOL. :mrgreen:
    Bean has no fear (as far as I'm aware)...no matter what is going on he is always so laid back, looking relaxed as if he did'nt have a care in the world.
    Chieve was a little frightened by the toilet when he accidently flushed it the other day...he ran out of the bathroom so fast, looking behind him as if the toilet had tried to swallow him. :shock:
    Belladonna also seems to be pretty fearless...I can't think of anything that she is afraid of.

4. moose

moose New Member

mr. man is afraid of plastic bags (especially when i pull them out of the drawer for scoop patrol).

leiper doesn't enjoy strangers much and will hide for a while until she gets used to them. she is getting better about this though. oh, she's also afraid of her daddy for whatever reason (human daddy that is). i think this may have to do with the fact that she was stepped on by a horse as a kitten (so her rescuer told me) and he tends to lumber around like one.

and lord wellington is pretty fearless. though none of them are thrilled with the new puppy (adopted saturday)!

5. footsie

footsie New Member

Footsie is afraid of the vacuum, although he's getting used to it. He also doesn't go downstairs when the dish washer is running. And he's mildly afraid of the toilet flushing. Oh, and my neighbor has a Chi and Footsie gets upset when he barks.

Hes a brave little man when it comes to just about anything else. He'll fight anyone and everything!

6. winnie

winnie New Member

you know i am sitting here trying to think of what my cats are scared of and I know Tristan is kind of flighty when anyone runs...but Bug I dont think is scared of anything...I got him at 5 weeks and he was found as a stray...he has always been a tough litle guy...nothing ever bothers him...:)

7. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

Kitty - Scared of my dog, moving cars, and there's not much else he's afraid of

Essa - my dog, people really tall --someone she's never seen before

Foxy - I'm not sure what she's afraid of... but like the others, she's afraid of my dog.

(My dog is part lab, shelty, and pit bull.. she's pretty big so that's why all my cats are afraid of her)

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Chester - absolutely nothing. You can throw a wad of paper at him, miss by fractions of an inch and he won't even flinch.

Lizzy - used to be afraid of ceiling fans, but now they don't really bother her. She's really dumb anyway so even if she was scared, she'd forget about it in 2 seconds anyway.

Emily - my dog.

Jupiter - everything. She is the most skittish cat I've ever seen. If she's on the other side of the room and you move your foot an inch, she'll jump 2 feet in the air.

-Chelle

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Vacuum cleaner and people that smell of any kind of dog. I can't smell dog on them, but Handsome can.

10. vene

vene New Member

Pumpkin is afraid of strangers and changes. She'll hide and reappear as soon as they're gone. Milo is afraid of Pumpkin getting afraid. He's usually greeting guests and afraid of nothing. Monty Boy is afraid of changes as in moving and loud sounds. Rene is afraid of nothing and no one.

11. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My cats aren't afraid of too much. Sudden movements freak them out but I think that's pretty common. They used to be terrified of the vacuum, but we are training them to allow us to vacuum them. Moe is still a bit weary of it, but Olive loves it!

12. dolly

dolly New Member

Oliver is skittish around strangers. Bonnie is afraid of Oliver, the vacuum cleaner and brooms. Dixie is afraid of sudden movements and noises and all people except me, but she loves the other cats and chases the broom when I'm sweeping--go figure.

13. dolly

dolly New Member

Oliver is skittish around strangers. Bonnie is afraid of Oliver, the vacuum cleaner and brooms. Dixie is afraid of sudden movements and noises and all people except me, but she loves the other cats and chases the broom when I'm sweeping--go figure.

14. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Missy is afraid of the vacuum and my son's guitar

Tilly is afraid of my dog (for no reason whatsoever and she's been with our dog for 4 years)

Zeus is afraid of everything except his food dish and my dog...he loves our Sadie dog and can often be found napping back to back with her. Last year when Sadie had her surgery Zeus used to leave his toy mousies between Sadie's front paws

15. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Chloe is afraid of nothing. She sits by the vacuum when it's running. I can't figure her out. She loves strangers and doesn't care about dogs. My vet wanted to keep her because she is so laid back and fearless.

HOWEVER, the other three cats are scared of basically everything aside from me and my husband.

Boris is scared of jingling keys because of an incident that took place years ago when he got tangled in a dog leash (it was a chain) and it rattled behind him as he ran until he shook it off. So, if anything jingles, the cat is under the bed before you can blink. Poor thing!

16. tina1

tina1 New Member

Lets see this might take a bit:

Teddy: Anything and Everything. I still have a scar on my arm from the time I sneezed when I was holding him.

Xander: WATER!!!

Sunny: Nothing phases him, he reminds me of a stoner, he just chills all day long.

Dallas: The dog and car horns

Palmer: Thunder, he's the biggest cat I have but when the thunder starts he immediately digs in under the blankets on my bed and won't come out.

Bumble: All people, me included. I haven't been able to hold him in over 3 years.

Evie: Other animals.

Timi: The doorbell and my dog (he's a jumpy dog).

Wiley: The doorbell, he actually puffs up and growls at the door when someone knocks too!