1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of animals eat rats

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by christianwalker, Sep 6, 2004.

1. christianwalker

christianwalker New Member

have a question I have baby rats and want to find something to feed them too or someone that wants to buy the baby rats please help

2. nern

nern New Member

Why on earth do you want to do that?? Where did you get the baby rats from?

3. christianwalker

christianwalker New Member

BABY RATS

I got a rat from the pet store they said it was a male rat and I brought it home and about 2 days later it had babies so I am looking fo someone that wants to buy baby rats or some type of animal that eats them if no one wants to buy them because I cant have them all here

4. nern

nern New Member

Maybe a pet store will take them from you. You should call around and see. Good luck.

5. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

i will take them :y_the_best:

6. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

Many things eat rats, especially baby rats, but I would highly advise that you try to find a home for them first. Have you checked back at the pet store? If you told them what happened I'm sure theyd have no problem taking the babies back. If they won't, check around to see about breeders in your area. I know of a few in california.. and if you can't find a breeder close by or one who will take them, then try the buy and sell or at a last resort an animal shelter. Please look for somewhere to give them a home, rather than in a food dish.

(P.S. The babies will have to stay with their mother for at least 5ish weeks, and it is EXTREMELY difficult to hand-raise babies especially if they are under 2 weeks, so I would go back to the pet store and return the rat momma and her babies, and get a male rat like you were planning.)

7. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

please dont use them as feeders. thats not their way of life.

as above, try your LPS and also put some adverts up. at least you then now they are going to a safe home and you have some £ to help care for the mum!

snakes eat field mice etc, so theyd probly swallow a rat. But thats very cruel.

8. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Did you buy the mom rat with the intention of keeping a pet? If so, and you care about her, then i would suggest doing some of your own reseach on her needs. You may want to keep one of her daughters as a companion for her as they do much much better in pairs. I have 4 rats of my own, 3 girls and 1 boy. My boy become a totally different guy when i neutered him and put him in with my girls....he was just beaming with happiness at the new companionship. Please don't doom the babies to being feeders. It seems a real conflict of interest if you care about mom as a pet. At the very least try a rat rescue or shelter. There are tons, just try an online search. Also, FYI, after ratties are a few weeks old, it become extremely EASY to sex them. The males are very obvious..if you know what i mean. But they can hide it if they are scared, so check under their tails when they are set down. Also separate males and females by 5 weeks of age if you don't want even more babies....including from mom.