1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Why has she turned nasty

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Please help me!!!

My usually placid and lovable ringneck has become quite nasty, she will turn on me and really bite my fingers sore, then jump onto my shoulder and give me kisses. Her erratic behaviour is making me confused and nervous of her. I must admit i had these gel nails put on and it's been since then that she has become like this. I have her out of the cage most of the time, and talk to her and handle her all the time, and no i have not hurt her, she can be soooooooo lovable and then she becomes this little devil bird where she will run at my hands and really bite. Can i stop it before it becomes a habit?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I would try removing the gel nails see if that helps or wearing a pair of gloves, if this does not work then there must be something about your hands she does not like anymore...

Most female birds become snappy when they are broody so this could be another cause and will pass in time.

Mike

3. Fagan

Fagan New Member

If she is broody how long will this last, how often do they get broody?

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It depends on the bird, The longer and warmer the days are the more likely she will get broody.

1 of my birds starts being broody from march to november, You can calm this down by reducing the amount of light she gets per day aswell as dropping the temp in the house a few degree's this will make her thnk winter is here and that its not a good time for raising a family.

Some birds are only broody for 4 weeks and this happens every couple of months but some birds are broody all the time.

Mike

5. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I definately think you should remove those nails because the smell that she smells on your hands could make her feel unsafe so she will get aggressive.