1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

why wont you sit still!!!

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by HamsterDude, Oct 20, 2004.

1. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

my hamster always want to move and will never sit still i my hands...is there sumthing i can do to make her sit still?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Smokey was like that and my friend's hamster Celica is like that. She'll only go near you hands when you're taking her out of her cage and then she'll climb all over you and anything else that's around.

If she's a new hamster I'd say just handle her more because if she is new she's probably not used to being held a lot.

3. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

nahh, ive had her for a while. Thanx for the advice

4. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

Hamsters aren't usually ones to sit still. They're more curious and like to explore and find a nice hiding place.

If you catch your hamster at a time where it is sleeping (although they generally don't appreciate being woken up) it may be more relaxed in your hands, or if you sit with it, and let it find a nice cozy dark hiding play in your swearer of something, it may very well go back to sleep.

If you give him some treats, he may stay still to eat them, depending on how relaxed your hammy is.

5. IHeartShihPoo

IHeartShihPoo New Member

I used to have a hamster named Chewy who, when we first got him and he was very young, would fall asleep in my hands. I just handled him often and when he was all grown up he wouldn't exactly sit still in your hands but at the same time he wouldn't frantically try to jump out. Hamsters are hyper little things that like to explore...I think it's rare to find one that would sit still unless they are tired -_o

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

handle her whennshes tired after a long run round the house or in her ball, hand feed her in your hand and she may sit still, or handle her when she is tired in general, durring the day as she'll get used to various handling then and may trust enuf to sit still.