1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

will my 1 yr old apbt be aggressive

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by pacizz, Dec 29, 2004.

1. pacizz

pacizz New Member

my apbt has jus turned 1 yr in nov. And one day he ran under my fence and got in a fight with my neighbors dog. NOw before this my dog was never aggressive will this incident make him aggressive.

2. Freedom

Freedom New Member

More then likely, yes. Depends on the bloodline, but most APBTs dont truly become animal aggressive until after their adolescent stage which starts at 6 months and they are a mature "adult" at around 1. This is when their animal aggression usually comes out, but on the other hand some APBTs are animal aggressive right when they come out of the womb. The best bet with APBTs is to make sure they DO NOT get into a fight because once they get that first scrap, they are hooked so to speak. It is easier to keep your APBT under control if he hasn't gotten in a fight before, because he does't really know. Once he has gotten into his first fight good luck trying to hold him back, lol. APBTs LOVE to fight, so I would only let him outside with your supervision and keep a very watchful eye on him. Now of course all dogs are different but when it comes to animal aggression majority of this breed are the same. From now on just watch him more carefully and of course no off leash play with other dogs. Also animal aggression and human aggression are NOT the same thing. Just because he is animal aggressive does not mean he will be human aggressive.

3. pacizz

pacizz New Member

thank you freedom for your help. Well i knot that hes not people aggressive because he loves kids and adults. But as far as animal aggression i'm not sure but i kno who i bought him from said that he is from a very aggressive bloodlines