1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wisker Question

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Obelix, May 18, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Is it true that if a cats wiskers get cut off/broken off it cant balance as easily?
    recentally cody (my cat) has been running into more things then usal LOL and after returning from beaing outside has alot of wiskers that are broken off really low

2. nern

nern New Member

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Yes, it's true. It gets really complicated, but in a nut shell a cat's whiskers is like a second pair of eyes to them. It helps them feel what is around them. They play very important part in how a cat get gets around.

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Oh well thats good to know, we'll i just dock it off as his usal clumsyness :roll: thanks

edit: eh... well this cats always been a headache so ill leave it to him to deal with it, i cant really grow his wiskersback :D

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Now you are probably confused since nern and I posted at almost the same time. LOL. We basically said the same thing: That it makes it hard for them to move around well if they don't have all their whiskers. Meaning they may end up making a mistake and falling from such and such spot or what have you.

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

LOL true enough, thanks for clearing it up, im not gonna lose any sleep over it unless he ends up injuring himself, but even that happens on a weekly basis... -sigh- cats...

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hey!!! just the post i needed. max has broken his whiskers off too. only has one on one side, a couple on the other. the others are growing in again, but they are really little. now....my question is pretty much about the "chicken or the egg". more specifically....max is clumsy too, so did he loose his whiskers first because he was clumsy, or did he become clumsy after loosing his whiskers? i think its kinda cute :lol:

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL Lynnhaz. Poor guy. He does need his whiskers. They don't grow back fast.

9. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:( bummer...well, i guess that is what mom's are for. i will be his "eyes and ears" for a while!

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

just an update. max lost his only long whisker on the one side. now he has only stubs on one side. no eyebrow whiskers and three long ones on the other side. he's a goofball, you should see him.

11. Obelix

Obelix New Member

LOL sounds like a kodak moment, i tried to post a picture here of cody walking into the screen door but it wouldnt work.

12. fleafly

fleafly New Member

They can get stuck more easily without their whiskers. Their whiskers are supposed to be the width of their body so they can tell whether or not they can fit into a small space.

13. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

obelix...now that is totally funny. :lol: