1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

worried how Dixie will react

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by jennbug061504, Apr 10, 2005.

1. jennbug061504

jennbug061504 New Member

I have a 7 week old red nosed and american pit terrier mix. She is the most wonderful dog ever. I have a 10 month old son, she is perfect with him and us but our new baby will be her in a few weeks and I am worried she will be very jealous. She is used to her and Dallas being the center of attetion and I am worried she might not adjust well. Any advice will be greatly apprectated.

2. A.P.B.T. lover

A.P.B.T. lover New Member

With my dogs and my new babies, I brought home a blanket for them to sniff and get used to. I got them used to the baby by saying the word and allowing them to smell.
    I have never trusted any dog around my kids, period. I have four registered dogs and a rescued racing greyhound. They all know the order of alpha in the home.
    Your dog may get jealous, but she's going to have to get used to it, because the kids are a higher priority. I gave my dogs the same love as always and never had an issue with jealousy. Anytime the kids are near, the tails starts wagging with fury! I found when baby cries, the ears pin back and they get lost! :) I guess they don't like the sound either.
    I did have an issue once with a dog that loved my children to death, but had issues with the other kids coming over to play. We put him down.
    A childs life is never, ever worth it. I have a big issue with people aggressive APBT's.
    If your little honey loves your ten month old, chances are it will be fine with your new one.