1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! People are just.....nuts

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by juice1348, Jul 2, 2004.

1. juice1348

juice1348 New Member

so yesterday i was at the bar/restaurant that my father and I own. I am hanging out for 5 minutes or so and this girl comes up to me and says 'hey, is that little white and brindle pit yours?' I told her (with a proud smile), yes it is. She starts talking about how she has a 12 month old pit and how nice it is etc. etc. So, it sounds like she knows what she is doing when all of a sudden.....boom... she says "you know, they develop LOCK JAW at 6 months old and from then on they will lock their jaws if they want."
    Anyways, she was a paying customer so I just nodded and walked away. Are people really that dumb?

2. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

when thats all people hear about is their lockin jaw, hey tend to believe that they actually can..

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

When it comes to Pit bulls yes most are. My favorite myth is the one where their brains begin to swell as they get older until eventually their brains become to big for the skull and they just snap and become man eaters! LOL

4. DogmaMa

DogmaMa New Member

Funny thing is, I had a telephone conversation with Gary Hammonds himself a few years ago, and i dont know if he was jsut trying to dissuade me from getting a pit(he IS a dogman and they typically dont want pits in the hands of non-competetive owners), but he said that to me "something just goes wrong in that wonderful brain of theirs, it gets too big I guess, and they turn on you" thats just what he said...

5. I think uneducated is the proper term for that, not dumb...

Reason being, we used to have a beautiful black and white pit. She was a very good and loving dog. But my daughter was about to give birth to my first grandchild and I was afaid to keep her. I had heard all the false statements about this breed and believed them. (even though I had never had a single problem with Pearl, that was her name) There was this woman that had lost her pit and posted posters everywhere in hopes of getting her back. I asked my husband if he would see if she would be interested (if she were a good pet owner) if she would like to have Pearl. He ofcoarse did not want to give her up, but I insisted. The woman turned out to be a wonderful caring person who was very grateful to us. Pearl was an inside dog and was much loved. I felt horrible about my decision after learning the truth about this breed (granted, I should have educated myself about her before we got her, but it's never too late)

I still miss her very much!

Susan

6. Freedom

Freedom New Member

I got into an argument with a friend last year who kept trying to tell me that pit bulls have locking jaws. Her b/f had a pit bull and it attacked this dog and her b/f was beating his dog to get it off the other one. He broke his dogs jaw because it wouldn't let go. I told her that APBTs don't have locking jaws, it's just they are very powerful. She then proceeded to tell me that her vet even told her they have locking jaws. I really hope this wasn't the case, if so she needs to find a new vet. A couple days later she came up to me and apologized, she said "you were right, pit bulls don't have locking jaws". DUH!

7. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

well, most people dont know all about one kind of dog. I think after awhile they just start geussing about the stories they hear! 8)