1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Yay, my baby is 1 today!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by zarate, Dec 9, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

Well today is my chi's first birthday. I always put him in his kennel when nobody is home. This morning I left for work and I must not have closed his kennel because when I got home he greated me at the door. I let him outside right away and he urinated a lot. When I checked the rest of the house I found no messes (other than every single one of his toys was scattered throughout the living room! Normally he keeps them all in his little house) The real surprise is the cat still had catfood in his dish, the dog always tries to get in it! He's never left unattended, but I'm glad he did well. He is housebroken, but this is the first he's ever been out alone, and it was from 8am until 2pm he was here by himself. Do you think as long as I keep everything picked up, so he can't hurt himself or eat anything he shouldn't, that I could start letting him free while we're gone?
    Well just thought I'd share that my baby is finally a year old and will soon be graduating to adult food! He's only got a little container of puppy food left!
    -Zarate

2. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Happy belated birthday to your baby!! :eek:

I don't trust my dogs being left free to roam the house. They aren't allowed on the furniture because they don't need to jump off but even before that, I gated them in the kitchen.

3. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

Congratulations!! :) In my opinion, I think he proved himself... you can always do like I did. I slowly worked ourselves up to it. We would leave him "out and about" when we went to the grocery store or run errands (about an hour), then slowly added more and more time... everytime he proved himself to us... and sure enough he was ready to be left alone by the time he was a little over a year :)

4. zarate

zarate New Member

I was thinking to do the same thing. The very first time he was out and about all alone was like 5 hours! So I was thinking to start leaving him alone for an hour at a time and see how he does, then gradually increase the length of time.
    My parents did the same thing, their dog is 1 year and 4 mos. now and they accidentally left her kennel door open. When they got home (they had ran errands, so they were only gone a few hours) she was still in her kennel, and my parents had put groceries away and everything and she still didn't leave her kennel, tho she was whining for someone to let her out LOL. I don't think she realized the door was open. She's such a sweet dog too. She's a lil bitty beagle who barely tips the scale at 13 (with her leash and collar) Her n' my dog are buds.
    -Zarate

5. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

!!!CONGRATS ON YOUR BABBIES BIRTHDAY!!! :0018: 8)