1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Yes or No to Puppy Kindergarten??

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by mamalonglegs, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mamalonglegs

mamalonglegs New Member

Hey everyone, Rascal and i just got back from a pet spring fling, where I might add he won first place in the cutest mixed dog under 50 pound contest :eek: ....anyway (little bragging there) One of the info tents had info on a puppy Kindergarten class, and I wanted to know if it was worth it or not? It's $95 so if its a waste, then i would rather not blow the money....but if its worth it I will GLADLY sign him up!! They (a different group, this one is the local kennel club) also have a Good Citizen (i think?) program, but I guess thats not till after 6 months...any ideas or feedback on these types of classes?? THANK YOU!!!
    Melissa & (best in show) Rascal :mrgreen:

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Puppy classes are well worth a $95 investment although I will say that it depends on the trainer. Do you know anyone who has gone through this particular trainer before? Will they let you watch a class so you can get an idea of how the trainer is working, which methods they use, how they interact with the other pups and owners?

If everything is okay with that then I would say go for it. It can be a great experience for both yourself and your pup.

3. LuvMyBabies

LuvMyBabies New Member

William and I went through puppy kindergarten and I swear that I will never again own a dog that doesn't go through this socialization.

We then went on to "Grade One" (aka manners class). Both William and I loved the experience, the socialization and the training. But then again we had good instructors.

William is now 9 months old and we are considering a flyball class. He is only a little guy (10 lbs), but I think he would really enjoy it.