1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

YORKIE/SHIH TZU MIX???

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Tangible, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Does anyone own one?? Has anyone seen one? And does anyone know how allergy friendly they truly are?

Thanks! :wink:

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

3. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Thanks! Those are all very cute pups! :)

I got emails tonight from 2 breeders....each about an hour or so from my place. Well, they each have 2 male black toy poodles for sale..lol. My hubby thinks they are adorable!!! I, myself, happen to think that every puppy is cute. I don't think it will be much longer before we find and decide on some kind of pup, mix breed or not.

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

That sounds great. I love all of the colors . I love a shiny black coated poodle. Hard to photo, but pretty poodles.

5. Tangible

Tangible New Member

http://www.yorkiesyorkiesyorkies.homestead.com/ Now that I know what they are called I looked online and just found some photos...rotf....check out the ones in the file drawer....TOO FUNNY!!

Oooh..black shiny coat....one of the liters that I got sent an email from is like that! And I was all 'oooooooooooooh'.

6. Rene

Rene New Member

they are really cute but to me they look like yorkies with a shaved body?? they are really cute but why shave them to the skin like that yorkies are known for the beautiful long hair.

I love yorkies they have stolen my heart.

Rene

7. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Yup..they do look like the Yorkies....and I am sure it depends on the liter. I have no idea why she'd shave them...lol....I know I wouldn't..personal preference I guess.

They are so cute!!!

8. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Yup..they do look like the Yorkies and they are..lol...it seems I though I had a link to the mixes...ha! Silly me.

I have no idea why she'd shave them...lol....I know I wouldn't..personal preference I guess.

They are so cute!!!

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ya know I saw a yorkie at the dog park that was shaved and he actually looked pretty cute. He looked puppish but was around 8 I beleive. Good thing is you can experiment with the hair, if you don't like it grow it out. Two months later its the way you like it. Its great, same thing with poodles. You can clip their hair shorter in the summer, longer for winter.

10. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

:eek: :eek: I agree, I love yorkie's too, they are so cute. :eek: :eek:

I actually wanted a yorkie but my hubby did not so we have a Papillon but I love em to pieces too. :wink:

11. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

:eek: YoRKIES RULE !!!! Some people give their yorkies a puppy cute its easier to take care of. YORKIES RULE !!!!!

12. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I like their hair short or long, gives them completely different looks.

13. Rene

Rene New Member

I have never cut sebastains hair it is really long but his bangs were getting so long he couldnt see and i didnt want to put a bow or rubber band in his hair (he is a boy my son would have a heart attack lol) so last time i had him groomed i asked them to "trim his bangs" well he came home with a shaved face i was so upset but now i think it's cute it grew on me i can see his little eyes and his little button nose.

Jasmine on the other hand the person i bought her from had shaved her as a puppy so her hair is alot thicker and she hates to be brushed so she has been shaved 2 times since i have had her we are working on the brushing thing she is getting alot better her hair is getting longer and really pretty but now that she had the pup's it's hard for me to brush her and i really really want and need to give her a bath but i have to get all the knots out first.

I AGREE KINDNESS YORKIES RULE!!!!!!!!!! lol

14. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Rene, are you going to keep the little boy. I completely understand about having the groomer do something they should not have. I have always clipped Sasha myself. But if I were to bring her somewhere, I would be soooooooo pissed if they cut her topknot too short or clipped the ear hair wrong. Its a big deal. You know when i got Sasha I waited about 9 months for her ear hair to grow out to an even level that I wanted. Thats a long time. So I understand.

15. Rene

Rene New Member

lol puttin i waited FOREVER for sebastain's ear hair to grow then when it did it was so pretty and long then he got some kind of skin infection and it all came off :cry: it's finally growing back but i like it long.

I'm trying really hard to not get to attached to that little boy but he is a doll baby i'm going to take him to the vet tho his legs look bowed to me but maybe it's because he is so small and not developed yet if he is bow legged of course i would have to keep him or make sure he is "fixed" and i would have to give him away instead of selling.

the little buggers ate dog food today off my finger i thought it was to soon but i have notcied that Jasmine is weeing them so i figured i would give it a shot and yep they were ready little cuties.

16. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

How old are pups when they are just starting to be weaned? are you supposed to put puppy food and pup milk together and let it soften? Something like that? Are they like three weeks now?

17. ntengwall

ntengwall New Member

Tangible . . .

I am also thinking of a shorkie. Here is a description and picture of them. You can go to their puppy page to see them.

18. Rene

Rene New Member

yep they are 3 weeks and 4 days today i didnt know she was weeing them but noticed that she was not spending as much time with them so i asked the vet she said the mom will wein them anywhere from 3-4 weeks of age. I was laying in bed the other night and worrying becasue i know yorkies shouldn't go with out food for more then 2 hours or their blood suger drops and jasmine had not been with them for awhile so i decided to try to feed them and they ate not much and they still aren't eating much puppy food they just lick some off my finger but i try every 3 hours.

So when i asked the vet she said i did the right thing BUT my dogs eat science diet (she says it's best i have just not changed) i'm supposed to feed Jasmine puppy food also so i went to get some but i had to buy IMAS because that was all the store had which actually is better much more watery for the babies so i dont have to put the b**chs milk with is it's very runny so i guess they will eat IMAS even tho i dont' really like that brand but i dont want to upset their little tummys so for now that is what it is. they are so cute look at this little girl sleeping like her daddy
    [​IMG]

19. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Nicole took a look at the yorkie-shitzu pups, sooooo tiny right now. Imagine their hair long with those markings and the topknow pulled up. Very cute.

Rene, look at those fat little bellies. Can you get a close up. They look so tiny. But you definaltey see bellies. And she does sleep like her pappy. My dog rufus does that. I think he keeps himself cool that way. LOL.

20. Rene

Rene New Member

i'm a terrible picture taker i get to far away or if i get close i get to close lol and it's blury i need to pratice more i guess i do have a photo edit thing at home maybe one of my kids can fix it for me i have no patience for that kind of stuff my computer is way to slow lol i will ask my son to see if he can figure it out.