1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

your opinon please

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Rene, May 26, 2004.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hello i have a few questions and it's cats and dogs but i will only post it here. As you all know i have the 2 yorkies Sebastain and Jasmine i also have 2 cats wiskers and oscar. I'm a little to easy with my kids (human ones) sometimes a friend of ours has KITTENS they are so cute so my big mouth said that my kids can have one each so on June 4th i wil have 2 new babies they will be 8 weeks old. Ok question is Sebastain and Jasmine play with my cats well they play with oscar wiskers just walks away they play kinda ruff do you think they will be gental with the new babies?? should i keep them seperated all the time or let them play??? I think it will be fun to have kittens again but i'm kinda worried about what the dogs will do to them.

My son is 12 and my daugher is 17 they are so excited and cant wait to get the babies my son is going to name his either professor kaos or buttons and my daughter is going to name hers doll (they are silly kids)

Also before i bring the kittens home i have to put something on them cuz they have fleas can i put frontline on 8 week old kittens?

thanks for the advice
    Rene

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Renee, I dont think the problem is going to be wiht your yorkies but wiht your other cats. I would introduce all of them very slowly. I would keep the kittens in a separate room. get their smell on a towel, then take it to the others and let them smell for a day or 2, keep the kittens in the room, then bring the cats and dogs in (not all at once) to get acqainted. do this for about 2 days, then let the kittens out and let them expore the house dogs and cats.

oh you are going to have yourhands full.
    :D

honeybear

3. nern

nern New Member

I agree with honeybears on introducing them slowly but even after they are introduced I would still keep them seperated from your other pets when you are'nt home to supervise until they get a little bigger.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

you can't use any flea products on them until they are 12 weeks old...there is a shampoo you can use to bathe them though.

Congrats....they'll be so much fun

5. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks guys i'm not to worried about my cats they love other cats they are both fixed males wiskers is old and just does his own thing once in a while he will play with oscar but not often and oscar is about 4 years old i think he will love the kittens. I will have to get a camera and post some pictures of Jasmine and oscar playing my goodness it was so funny yesterday my son and i were dying laughing. Both new kittens will be males also and they will also get fixed when they are old enough.

Yes i will defenatly have my hands full but luckly only 4 more school days and the kids will be home to spend time with their babies we will get them the day after the last day of school.

I was just a little worried about the Yorkies cuz they are still puppys and play so ruff with oscar but oscar loves it i just hope they take it easy with the new babies. i will post pictures of them all once i figure out how to do that.

Rene

6. nern

nern New Member

Advantage can be used on kittens as young as 8wks. Maybe you can get that instead of waiting until 12wks of age to use Frontline.

7. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

if the two Yorkies are just puppies i would suppervise their visits. they might not hurt them on perpose but in a playful way not meaning too. introduce then a little at a time and pay alot of attention to the yorkies.