1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

10 Commandments For Pet Owners

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, May 26, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

You have all probably heard/read this before, but, I just found it and I thought it was very moving.

"Ten Commandments" for a Responsible Pet Parent
    (As told from a pet's perspective)

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as a punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite.

8. Take care of me when I get old. You too, will grow old.

9. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something may be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to see it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Remember, I LOVE YOU!!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

awwww, it brought tears to my eyes

honeybear

3. Nik

Nik New Member

I've read that so many times now and every time the end bits gets me :cry:

4. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Yep. I've read it before. I actually printed it and put in on my refrigerator so when the puppy is driving me nuts I read it and it always calms me down.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I actually haven't read that one. Thanks for posting it.

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I have read that one before but it still brings me to tears. I think I may print it for my hubby and keep it on the fridge.

7. Jody

Jody New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for posting....

8. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Thanks sarge'smom, I'd read that before but its always good to remind us. :lol: Maggiwe from Southern INdiana hope your not getting all this rain.

9. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Very Cute :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. ddd0102

ddd0102 New Member

YOU MADE ME CRY.....
    Love your dog he/she truely is a gift unlike any other!

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I'm sorry! Hey, it made me cry and I found it at work! I looked like an idiot balling at my desk over my dog poem! It really has helped be more patient with Sarge and, strangely enough, my human kids!