1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

10 gal brackish tank ???

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, May 25, 2004.

1. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would like to get a puffer or some puffers the question is how many could i put in a ten gallon and what type ??

2. Candace

Candace New Member

um..none? except for maybe some dwarf puffers, which are fresh water if i remember correctly. Also, a small tank such as a ten gallon would be much more likely to have large fluctuations in water chemistry, and would severely stress sensitive, scale-less fish like puffers. off the top of my head i cannot think of an interesting brackish fish that would do all that well in a 10 gal.(other than mollies or other small livebearers). I recently have gotten into brackish tanks, and love it =) congrats for wanting to have one, maybe you could experiment with the mollies and then move on to a larger tank (with real puffers!). I would recommend at least 20-30 gallons and a WELL-CYCLED tank for a common puffer like a figure eight or green spotted(fig.8's are a bit less picky and more peaceful) Have fun!

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Not sure about goby's. I've never had them. I did however have some dwarf puffers one time and they were by far my favorite fish of all time!!! I had mine in freshwater I don't think they like brackish though. I know that the green spotted puffers can be brackish water but they would need a bigger tank too. :lol:

5. needlefish

needlefish New Member

i disagree. in a 10 g tank u could have 1 figure 8 and no ther fish 1 red eyed puffer and no other fish 1 south american puffer and no other fish or 5 dwarfs. http://puffer.proboards2.com/index.cgi[/url] go here its a puffer forum

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

ok thank s

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

ok just got back from the fish store and got a 25 gal tank so i will be using that instead for my brackish tank

8. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Congradulations! Have you decided what you are going to stock it with yet? Puffers are so cool! If you get some I will be jealous!!! :p

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

lol i was thinking puffers but i don't know how many i can't do what do you think of 2 figure 8 puffers and 2 green spotted puffers

10. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I have never had figure eight puffers before. I've seen them in the shops though. I did have green spotted before and they were neat!!! A little on the mean side though you may be better off with 4-5 of the same kind. I don't know for sure but I think the green spotted ones might bite the figure eights I could be wrong though, maybe the figure eights have teeth too?!? I'm not sure! I am sooo going to Big Al's today! :D