1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

10 gallon stocking question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Apr 28, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

how many neons and platys can be put in a 10 gallon tank

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Mainly all u can get is a small school of tetras (4-5) in 10g. Plattys do better in a 20 and i strongly recommend not putting em in a 10g. u can get a school of tetras or a few other small fish. 10 gallon aient tht good. I reccomend getting a 20 gallon or more. i was planning 10 gal for a while but now im moving to 20 after i saw how limiting a 10 is.

3. Used

Used New Member

You could put up to 8 Neon Tetras in a 10 gallon and no Platies in a 10 gallon.

4. scooter

scooter New Member

I have two serpae tetras in my tank, one neon tetra, one mixed fruit tetra and one cherry red platy in a 10 gallon tank and they are just fine. My platy is just fine. :D

5. dude412

dude412 New Member

Thats good you Platy is doing well but if you get a disease in your tank your fish will die pretty ast unless you know what they have and the medication for it 10 gallon is hard to keep stable in such a small enviroment

6. tski22

tski22 New Member

Actually with a 10 gallon, if you were to drop the platy idea and get only neons, you could put about 12 in it. You can push the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule with neons a little bit, because they produce very little waste, and if there are live plants it helps even more. -tl