1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I have 3 empty 10 gallon tanks and was wondering if any of these fish could go in one alone or together??

Ram Cichlid
    Three Spot Gourami
    Spotted Gourami
    Pearl Gourami

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

Could go for a pair of rams in one ten gallon. A pearl and maybe a school of harlequin rasboras in another. The three spots get too agressive for a ten gallon unless you only want one. Not sure on the spotted gourami though.

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i belive three spots get to big for a ten gallon to

4. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

How many fish of the harlequin rasboras would be a school? You don't think the school would pick on the Pearl?? Would there be any other kind of school that would be compatible?

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

I'd say go for a school of about six rasboras. They won't hurt the gourami, in fact I think they might share the same habitat in the wild. The colors would really compliment each other as well. You could also consider scissortail rasboras or maybe bloodfin tetras.

6. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

And these fish harlequin rasboras would be available likely at Petsmart or are they rare?

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I wouldn't put any of the larger varieties of gouramis (3 spot, pearl, opaline, blue, etc) in a 10 gallon. They get 6" and would be a bit cramped in a 10 gallon.

-Chelle

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

oh yes they're very common fish and quite hardy too. Pretty colors on them and they barely get to an inch long. The pearls should stay smaller than the other gouramis, getting to only about 4 inches long. I would avoid the other larger ones though.

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think you should connect all three tanks using water bridges! and put neons in the tanks! that would be cool. Not nessisarly neons but Defenety the Bridge :y_the_best:

10. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

I seem to have found that in my 10 gal, i have a blue gourami in there along with a small tiger barb and they get along.