1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

10g

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Neon, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Neon

Neon New Member

Could i fit three balloon mollies,two swordtails and 4 tetras in a 10g?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What kind of tetras?

Mollies get 3"
    Swordtails get 4"
    Tetras can range anywere from 1" - 36+" depending on the species so you'll have to be more specific.

But even if you got neon tetras (1"), you couldn't fit all those fish in a 10 gallon.

Going on the assumption that you want neon tetras (since that's your user ID and you've mentioned them in the past), here's a couple ways you could stock a 10 gallon using the fish you mentioned.

5 neons
    2 mollies

3 neons (but really, they'd be happier with a bigger group)
    2 swordtails

4 neons
    1 sword tail
    1 molly

2 mollies
    1 swordtail

3 mollies

3 swordtails (but that would really be pushing the limit)

12 neons

-Chelle

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

r u sure sword tails get 4"? ive had mine for like 6-7 months and its like maybe a tuny bit bigger then when i got it

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

All the sites I read said 4" (and that's not including the tail/sword).

-Chelle

5. tski22

tski22 New Member

could you really fit 12 neons in a ten gallon? i wouldve thought maybe 7 or 8. if 12 fit a a 10 gallon then i mgiht set up a 10 gallon.

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

maybe mine isnt a sword tail :?: I bought it loong time ago and i was just called "Sword" I think they might be diffrent

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Neons don't produce much waste and rarely get over 1" so you can bend the 1" rule a little. And if you had live plants you probably wouldn't have any problems fitting 12 in a 10 gallon.

-Chelle