1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

15 G planted ??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, May 3, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

im thinking about getting a 15G and planting it and housing 2 german blue rams... will this work? what kinda plants look good? will i need any special equipment to house these plants?

thanks in advance
    Jenken

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

As long as you stick with low light plants, you should be able to get away without using CO2. A lot of people recommend using a special plant substrate like flourite (personally, I don't use it, but I have had several people tell me I should). And you will probably have to upgrade your lighting because most standard light fixtures aren't enough for plants. For low light plants you'll need around 2 - 3 watts/gallon.

-Chelle

3. drab911

drab911 New Member

I have a 16 gallon bow front tank.. my tank is very heavily planted and is doing awsome.. I have every kinda plant that you can have in a big tank.. I have a yeast activated CO2 injection system... and a 65 watt VHO flourescent light.. the plants are growing like weeds and have very beautiful pink accents.. I think as long as you have lots of light youll be fine.. but dont leave them on for too long.. I just battled my way through a bad algae bloom, now that i have the lights on about 10 hours a day its OK.. and i think hte CO2 is helping a great deal,,, its only like $30 so well worth the money....
    Good luck!! personally I enjoy looking at my plants more then the fish hehe

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

also I use the flourite substrate.. i think htat is helping also