1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2.5 Gallon Tank = How Many Fish?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by ALiii___KAY, Jul 19, 2005.

1. ALiii___KAY

ALiii___KAY New Member

I'm buying my niece a 2.5 gallon tank and I was wondering how many fish can go in it. I'm not planning on buying HUGE fish, just a few average sized ones. Thanks in advance. I think this site is great.

2. lil shant

lil shant New Member

u can put at least 2-3 neaons in there

3. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

a few smaller breeds of tetra or one male betta would be pretty happy.

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

not to many with a small tank like that i would go with 1 2 neon's and and oto

basically 2.5 inchs of adult fish

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You're pretty much limited to a single betta, or a single african dwarf frog, or some ghost shrimp. I would not put any tetras in a 2 1/2 gallon.

-Chelle

6. Used

Used New Member

You could do a Bumble Bee Goby tank. The tank will have to be brackish and you could put two Bumble bee Gobies in there.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

that would be cool

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I would put a betta in there with maybe a ghost shrimp.

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

stick with something simple

10. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Get a nice betta, thats all u realy can get, But get a nice one like a half moon or crown tail. Add ghost shrimp to help keep it clean. And 1 oto to eat algae if u want. but thts it, nothing else.