1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2 baby shihpoos at the same time?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by cleosmommy, Jan 7, 2005.

1. cleosmommy

cleosmommy New Member

Does anyone have experience with raising 2 shihpoo puppies at the same time? We've had Cleo for 2 weeks and my fiancee is convinced it's better to have 2 puppies, he always did growing up. I'm not so convinced. He wants a friend for Cleo. If we do get another shihpoo puppy, they won't be from the same litter. Should we get another girl or look for a boy? Is this a good idea? Thanks for the help!

2. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hi Cleo's mom,

I have heard different oppinions on this subject.
    I only have one dog, and I like it that way. Ihave heard that if you have 2 pups from a younge age together, that they will bond more to each other than to you. This may differ per breed and owner, but this is what I have heard.

I know there is one member of this board that has 2 shihpoo's that she got together, hopefulle she will post soon.

3. WhyMe

WhyMe New Member

Hey there..

I have two female Shihpoos and they are littermates. I was hesitant at first (I only wanted one..) but my husband convinced me that it would be better if they had each other to play with while we were at work during the day.

Now, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! They are best friends and have bonded with my husband and I very well. They are 9 months old now and we still can't leave the room w/o them tagging along to see what we're up to :)

It's SO much fun to watch them play together, groom each other, gang up on me (or hubby) when we're on the floor with them and then to see them snuggling together to sleep.. it's just the best! I would always have 2 dogs.

I've heard many say that two females is a no-no and that female/male would be better... obviously I have two females (just a preference I had) and they are great but I think a male would work just as wonderfully!!

I'm not sure if I helped.. hopefully a little. Bottom line is I'm all for having 2 pups at the same time! Double trouble (LOL) but also double the fun!

4. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

I have two litter mates 11 weeks old and a chi 11weeks old and a pug 11 weeks old . Two females and two males. they all play just fine. I just have 4 times the work.lol. Wouldn't have it any other way. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]