1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2 fish for a 35L cold water tank any ideas?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Boo Boo Magoo, May 25, 2005.

1. Boo Boo Magoo

Boo Boo Magoo New Member

Hi, does anyone have any ideas about 2 fish which wouldn't out grow a 35L cold water tank? The fish I have now is a comet bought by a well meaning friend four and half years ago and it is going to live in a pond soon. I really don't want another fish that is gona get to big again.

Also is there a better sort of fiter available than an under gravel filter and box filter? If i'm gona carry on keeping fish I want to get it right this time. I know I could do with a bigger tank but theres just no where to put one.

Any information will be gratefully appreciated.

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I am not sure but I think that I comet would get too big. Also, I think that you could fish at least one balck moor in a 35L tank, that is if such a tank is the same thing if not bigger than a 20 gallon tank.

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

its about 10gals

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i am thinkin a few danio's or clouds

5. Used

Used New Member

A small school of Zebra Danios or White Clouds would be nice. Get a AquaClear power filter or Penquin Biowheel filter.

6. Boo Boo Magoo

Boo Boo Magoo New Member

Thats great, thanks alot for the advice.

How many fish approximately in a small school?

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

8. Boo Boo Magoo

Boo Boo Magoo New Member

I have had a look at both the darios and the clouds, is there anything abit more colourfull that would be suitable?

I have sat here for 2 hours trying to find a Marineland or Hagen stockist for filters in the U.K and I haven't found one yet!! Help!

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You could also put some rosey red minnows.

10. Boo Boo Magoo

Boo Boo Magoo New Member

Thanks thats a great suggestion :y_the_best: , I have found some lovely photos of the Rosy Red Minnow and think that this is definately more my sort of fish.

I have now found a few places that sell Hagen aquairium products locally but not Marineland as yet. So it looks like I'll be getting the Aqua Clear Power Head 201 but after reading the reviews I'd really like to get the Penguin Bio Wheel Mini. I can get one off Ebay but the thing is will I be able to get the replacement filters etc???