1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2 new guppies- starting over

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by :o)rosie:o), Apr 6, 2005.

1. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

Last Sunday I got 2 new guppies to replace my old ones. They're looking good & healthy so hopefully they'll be ok. The female is due to have fry but I'm not sure when seeing as I dont know when she fell pregnant. Shes a little bit fat but her gravid spot isn't very dark. Is there any way of telling whe she will give birth?
    Thanx

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

how many guppy's do you have and what is the male it female ratio

3. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

There are now 3 Guppies in that tank. It's 2 females to one male.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Generally I heard that it is best to have about three or more females per each male but I think you should hopefully be at a safe number.

5. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I bred them (only later, the whole tank cought ich)and i had 2 females and 2 males, only i heard it was best to have at least 2 females to every male. i simply couldn't find a petstore that didn't sell them in either male and female pairs or a single male.

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

what size tank do you have if you have then room i would add one more female the reason being is to releave stress because the male in allways wanting to breed so he will chase them around 3 to 1 alot least stress when bred guppy's i start with 5-1 and i ended up with to many guppy's to handle