1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I am thinking of buying a 20 gallon long tank. I was wondering if any of these neat fish could live in it, and would any be compatible with the others??

Congo Tetra
    Giant Danio
    Ram Cichlid
    Three Spot Gourami
    Spotted Gourami
    Pearl Gourami

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

The gouramis and rams would be ok. With the gouramis just make sure you have a good male/female ratio. For the rams you could get one male and one female but not two males. Congo tetras and the giant danios get much too large IMO.

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Thanks for your quick reply. What does IMO mean?? Also, AquariaCentral.com says in their species profiles that the Congo Tetra and Giant Danio minimum tank sizes are 20 gallons. I mean the Congo only gets 3 inches right??

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

Sorry, IMO=In my opinion. I'd always heard that congos got to about 4 inches. In either case you'd need a shoal of at least five or six and since they get so large they wouldn't have many places to swim. I really think they are happier in larger tanks. Same for the giant danio. If you wanted to keep a species tank of one of these types of fish you could but I just don't think they'd have a lot of room to swim which would be a shame seeing how gorgeous they look in proper schools swimming in big open areas.

5. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah I do agree with them looking alot better in schools but why do the congos need to be in shoals??

6. tina1

tina1 New Member

they are a shoaling (or schooling, been spending too much time on an english board lol) fish so they do much better in schools.