1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

20 Gallon

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Could someone tell me how many Coreys (Corydoras) I could get in a species only 20 gallon? Ive been thinking about it and the cories in my 10 gallon are proby the coolest fish I have.

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

For some reason I cant edit but anyways, my 5 gallon has 5 guppies and is running well (its a wee bit overstocked) but I was wondering if I could put one dwarf corydoras in their?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I wouldn't. If the tank is already overstocked, the last thing you need to do is add more fish.

As for the 20 gallon, depending on the species, you could probably fit anywhere from about 10 to 15.

-Chelle

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Oh alright, Thanks for the advice! I had also figured the 5 was at its limit.

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Oh and also, how many guppies can I put in a 20 gallon?

6. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

hehe, i dont know much about fishes and stuff, but guppies are really small fishes and they multiply like crazy from what i hear. i'm guessing here, but i think you can probably keep about 15 guppies in a 20 gallon tank, but probably 10 to be more efficient.

7. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

your thinking of feeder guppies. those are small these are about the side of a platy maybe an inch to four inches big so they get large. um i would say about 6-7 in the 20 gal. have you set it up already? lol. cause yesterday you where saying you couldnt wait so im guessing you started. good luck!

8. swtnpink

swtnpink New Member

well, i have an 18 gallon that's cycling right now so, no, i haven't bought my fishes yet... though i've been tempted to go buy my babies, i decided i wouldn't want them to die and am doing my best to be patient.

i wanted a tank of guppies as well... i have an extra 10 gallon tank that i might put guppies in, but i'm still debating about it because i dont know if i can handle two tanks right now =)

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Guppies & cories both pretty much fall under the 1" adult fish/gallon rule so that should help you figure out what combination you could put in your tanks.

-Chelle