1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

25 gal brackish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, May 27, 2004.

1. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

ok i just bought a 25 gal for a brackish tank i was think of putting puffers in it i was thinking two figure 8 s and 2 green spotted do you think this willl be ok

2. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Hey Fish Addict! Sorry , but I was hoping someone else would say if it was O.K. but lets get you to the top of the board again! I'm still not positive if the figure eights would be safe with the green spotted ones. :0011: I think you have enough room for four or five of them, I just don't know about the figure eights getting hert. I know that you shouldn't mix dwarf malabar puffers with figure eights as I have kep those in the past. The green spotteds have teeth! They are awesome though! The dwarf malabars are community and not to be mixed with green spotteds. I think the figure eights are community though, but hopefully some one will straighten it out for us so you know for sure! I think 3 green spotteds or 5 figure eights! :lol:

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

thanks that would be great hey where is ontario are you from ??

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Good old London Ontario! We're almost neighbors! If I get my wish I will be back in Florida soon! I lived in Ft Myers Florida most of my adult life. I been suffering here in the cold north for three years trying to get a visa to go back. When I was young I lived in Newmarket, Ontario, I think that is even closer to you isn't it? Where do you do most of your fish and equiptment shopping? How is the cycling coming along on the brackish tank? I often shop at Big Al's Aquarium wherehouse and this week they had discus! Small but stable! I Don't often see those around here! A pair for $60. The nicest ones were blue but they had some yellowish brown ones too. How much different is it setting up your brackish tank? I have wanted to do saltwater for a while but I keep chickening out! L.O.L. 8)

5. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

cev, i usually go to ft.myers beach florida for thanksgiving every year :)

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

lol yes Newmarket is closer and that is where I do most of my fish shopping at Big Al's Aquarium always have discus in newmarket its I am trying to following this site key word trying lol I haven't really done this before this is a site that someone gave me on here is might of even been you not sure http://badmanstropicalfish.com/brackish/brackish.html

7. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I can only guess from the lack of answering that it may not be the best to have the figure eights with the green spotted. The brackish site you posted said that you could put bumble-bee gobies with the green spotted, though to me that sounds risky, maybe because the gobies are so much smaller than them they wont be as likely to fight. I didn't think I knew what gobies were but I do have bumble-bee gobies! They are my favorite of all my small fish! They are quite active and do some help in algea removal on the glass too! That may be the way to go. How long has your new tank been running now? :D

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

bout a week

9. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I have been researching a little to find out more about puffers as I also love them and would like to get them again in the near future. Anyway, I was wrong (mis informed) about the dwarf malabar's I had! Apparently they had teeth too and so do figure eights. The dwarf's I had were not agressive at all though. The green spotted's I had were more agressive for sure, but since they all have teeth (so said the most knowledgable man at Big Al's in London) they should be able to defend themselves better than I thought! You learn something new every day! Especially with our hobby! It's hard to get a handle on things when everyone says something different! That's why I love this web site. You can gather all the opinions and make your own decision with all the insight everyone shares. Let us know what you decide to get! You should be able to get them soon, eh! :0018: Yay!