1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

30 galllon stocking question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by otmmy205, Dec 16, 2005.

1. otmmy205

otmmy205 New Member

i have a 30 galon all i have is a ghost knife and 1 corrie catfish and 1 guppies what else could i put in something with color and personality
    i was thinking about a guppie tank or if i got rid of all my fish in there how many chiclids could i put in and what kind

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

For starters, I'd get rid of the ghost knife because it will get way too big for a 30 (almost 2 feet long).

If you want to keep the cory, you should get about 3 or 4 more since they do best in groups. If you got the cories, that would leave you enough room for about 15 - 20 guppies. If you went that route, I would only start off with about 10 (2 - 3 females/male) because they will breed and fill up the tank on their own.

As for cichlids, it depends on what kinds you want. You could fit either 2 cons or 2 firemouths in there (although it would be borderline overstocked). Or you could fit several shell dwellers (depending on the species), dwarf cichlids, or rams.

-Chelle

3. otmmy205

otmmy205 New Member

thanks for the info but i just bought 2 green sunfishes

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you get rid of all the other fish in the tank, then they should be okay. You might eventually have to get a bigger tank since everything I read lists their size as 3 - 8 inches. But they should be okay for a while.

-Chelle

5. otmmy205

otmmy205 New Member

ya im goin to buy a much bigger aquarium like a 80+ gallon