1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

35 stocking idea lol #2

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

i would like 2 do a freshwater shark tank in my 35 how many sharks you think of what specis i could put in there maybe?

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

Bad idea. I wouldnt do it they will all kill eachother, and besides most freshwater sharks will grow to big for a 35. -tl

3. Used

Used New Member

No shark species can live in a 35 gallon even by themselves.

4. dude412

dude412 New Member

then what specis of fish should i out in my 35?

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Since you can't get actually sharks, you can get shark-looking tropical fish that grow big but nowhere as big as sharks. Some could be redtailed sharks or bala sharks.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

A red tailed shark or a rainbow shark could work in a 35 (only get one), but balas will get way too big.

-Chelle

7. dude412

dude412 New Member

thats wut i meant like redtails and colimbains not like real sharks lol could i put in like 1 redtail 3 columbains and a black shark?

8. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi dude412, Sorry but Black Sharks and Columbians get too large for a 35. Also the Black Shark would kill the Columbians and the Redtail. Even between a Redtail and a Rainbow Shark one of them would kill the other, most likely the Redtail would kill the Rainbow. Redtails and Rainbows should be kept individually. Black Sharks, Balas and Columbians get too large.

9. tski22

tski22 New Member

Thats what I said before why are you guys seconding what I said? Most will get to large, and most will kill eachother.. If you want to do that type of tank it would need to be probably in the 50 - 100 gallon range at least. -tl

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Unfortunately, I have to agree, if you want to do a shark tank you are only limited to a single red tailed shark or a single rainbow shark. If you want to go beyond that you would have to get a bigger tank and get some bala sharks. You can stil, however, get other fish, other than sharks, so you do not have to limit yourself.