1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

4 Month Old Pup Stolen!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by spencerpits, May 12, 2004.

1. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I just found out that my little Nemo (the pup whose picture is my avatar) was stolen from my friend's yard tonight. I'm so disgusted. I've called one local radio station that announces lost and found pets every day. I emailed another radio station to see if they would annonce it. I also placed an ad in our local newspaper. Well, I really just got on here to vent a little. I really had high hopes for him too. Really awesome dog all around. I'm just waiting for more bad news - you know they say things like this come in threes. Well, we found out Sammy was HW positive and now Nemo has been stolen. What next? :x

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Amanda: I feel so bad for you!! What a time you're having. Maybe you can print up some "Lost" posters around and offer a reward. I'm pretty sure the culprit lives in the area where Nemo was taken. On the poster don't specify the amount of the reward, just say "REWEARD!" Then if someone comes forward with any info or with Nemo, you can pay whatever you think is appropriate. I know it doesn't seem right to pay to get your own dog back. Me, I would probably pawn everthing I have. Here I kept thinking about Sammy having H.W. and now I'll worry about Nemo getting home. Let us know if you hear anything.

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I am so sorry to hear you have more bad news. Maybe he will be found.
    Would it be possible for you to offer a small reward if found or returned?
    You would be amazed what some jerks will do for a little cash. We had one of our horses stolen out of our barn in broad daylight! We posted a $100 reward for his return no questions asked and 2 days later a teenage kid called us up and said he had our horse his story was that he just found it wandering around his back yard! Which was 10 miles down the road from me. A horse just wandering around your back yard? Im so sure! We ended up not having to give him the reward money because we called the sheriff to let him know we had found Tooty and when we told him who had supposedly found her he said NO WAY were we to give him the reward money because as it turned out the boy was on probation already for stealing. The kid later admitted to his parents he had helped another boy take Tooty.

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I'm very sorry for you and I'm sure you feel terrible and anxious. Its likely the person is somewhere in the area if you actually believe he is stolen. I'd put up reward posters maybe he is just lost or maybe some kids will want some extra cash and turn him in. Its unfortunate that you couldn't trust your friend to keep little Nemo safe. Maybe he will turn up, I hope so and I'll keep you in mind.

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Is he microchipped?

If so alert the vets and animal shelters in your area... some people think that vetting a stolen or lost dog right away, getting records that the dog is there will keep them from getting in trouble... so... It's worth a try.

I hope this one doesn't come in threes! I hope you can find your dog!

6. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Amanda, I am so sorry. I agree to put up posters, but maybe instead of LOST, put STOLEN!! This way people may be more skeptical to call if they see the dog instead of just assuming the owner had perhaps found it.

Regardless don't give up yet, keep looking.

7. Jameka

Jameka New Member

Dang girl! That really sucks! :( I feel for you. I hope you find him soon. Please keep us updated.....

8. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

So Sorry

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I would also call local animal control officers to report the dog missing.
    And call volunteers so they can cross post e-mails and get the word out.
    It can't hurt.
    Did Benny ever find his dog?
    I have not been on the board for a while.
    Sue

9. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Any news on your pup? Did you hang posters? I can't imagine how you must feel. :( Keep us posted.

10. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I have not seen Benny since the site change. I don't believe he ever found his pup.

11. Angie

Angie New Member

bullylove1, I have not seen benny either. I know he didnt have a computer at home but only at work, so maybe he couldnt get on the computer at work anymore. also he emailed me a lot and he hasnt been so i hope everything is ok with him! but the last i heard from him, he did not find Roxy

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I have seen Benny posts a couple of times on the all dogs forum but not here. Amanda have you made any progress with finding your pup?

13. Angie

Angie New Member

GinaH, I saw one post by a Benny but I don't think thats the same one.
    The one on the all dogs forum is from Fl.
    Ben is from Texas. (or at least he said he was)
    And also the post I read on the other board said
    "I must say I am a new dog owner so i really have no experience."

14. Walt

Walt New Member

Dam that sucks!

I'm realy sorry to here that spencerpits I wish you luck and hope you find him soon.

15. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Well, no news yet. I haven't been on in a couple of days because I've been sick (guess that's my 3rd thing). I printed up some flyers, but since I've been sick I didn't get to put them up yet. I'm still feeling crappy - I'll probably put them up tomorrow after work. ::Sigh:: I just hate that people are like that - to steal someone's pup. I hadn't gotten him microchipped yet. I highly doubt he just got out though. They're in a bad part of town. Heck - one of the pups from my litter I sold to an older couple in the same part of town. When I asked them why they wanted an apbt they told me they had a 7 month old female red/red nose before and it got stolen. Go figure. Hopefully the thief will see the reward flyers and want the $. As always - thanks for everyone's support and ideas.

16. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Amanda so sorry for your loss and I hope Nemo is returned home safely. He is such a beautifull dog. It is such a shame that our dogs arent even safe in our back yards anymore. There is a high theft rate of dogs where I live as well. In fact I was floored last weekend to learn my hubby left my dog out while we where at work. He knows they do not go out unless someone will be there to supervise them. Anyway hope the posters will bring you some luck, not that you have had your 3rd thing I think its time for your luck to change.

17. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Did you ever find your puppy or hear anything from the reward posters you posted?

18. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Gina I recently asked the same thing. They never found Nemo, and have realized he's not coming back. Its so horrible. I couldn't imagine that kind of pain.

19. GinaH

GinaH New Member

What a shame. Hopefully whoever took the puppy is treating it well.
    Im very sorry for your loss.

20. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thats sad they still never found Nemo.

I would never "realize" my dog isn't coming back. I know people who have had dogs stolen or missing for exstended periods. I got a dog back after over a month.