1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

7 m/o shihpoo pooping in house!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by rusch1595, Jun 10, 2005.

1. rusch1595

rusch1595 New Member

Hello all...we have a 7 month old male shipoo that we've had since he was eight weeks old. We immediately crate trained and had him eliminate outside. From day one, he's had problems pooping outside (no problems peeing). He used to poop in our front entryway, even though I consistently took him outside and waited and waited for him to go, and would treat when he would go.

If he was out of sight for a few minutes after bringing him in, I'd find poop in my entryway (sometimes even if he'd already pooped outside).

That has stopped and now he poops upstairs in my boy's room. I use a baby gate on the stairs so he can't get up there, but with three kids running around, there are times he can get up there and later on I'll find poop. I use an enzyme cleaner to clean it up, and don't let him see me clean it up. I've even taken a piece of the poop, showed it to him, and taken him and it outside and put in the ground and showed him where he's supposed to go.

If the gate is up, he'll go outside with no problem. He is taken out consistently and always after he eats. There are even times when after he's pooped outside and I think it's *safe* I'll let him have free run of the house, and I'll find a tiny piece of poop in my son's room, like he just *had* to drop a little more.

Why, if he has the chance, does he poop inside the house?? :cry:

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

how long is he outside for? Luther generally poos 2x per walk, so maybe leave him out there a little longer?
    I saw Jessica Simpsons dogs trainer make the dog sit in a pen near the poo for some time, but I don't know how good that works.

3. rusch1595

rusch1595 New Member

He's outside usually five to ten minutes....I can get him to go outside, the problem is he'll still manage to poop *again* inside if he's allowed upstairs. I"m going to try to vacuum my son's whole room with a steam vacuum with the enzyme cleaner and see if that helps at all.

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

I'd try waiting outside longer. Some dogs just take a while to work it all out.