1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

9-1-1 Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by needlefish, Jul 18, 2004.

1. needlefish

needlefish New Member

Hey,

My tank in my bedroom is starting to really smell. Or at least i think its my tank. 1 of my tank for sure. Suspects: 10g, 2.5g, 1g. Try sleepng in this room. Anyway what can i do to stop te smell or get rid of it? What could be causing the problem? if i dont get rid of te smell my mom is going to get rid of all my tanks for good so any help is very needed!!!

Thanks

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Do you have carbon in your filters? if not that can be a cause. just move all the fish, vaccume the water out and set in new water.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How often do you do water changes and what are your parameters? Are vacuuming really well?

Generally, as long as you keep up with your tank maintenance, there shouldn't be a strong odor. If you're doing that and there's still an odor, you can try carbon, but you'll have to replace it every couple of weeks.

-Chelle

4. dude412

dude412 New Member

heres a crazy idea CRACK! A! WINDOW! and use febreeze lol and use a gravel vac or get a better filter

5. caj1968

caj1968 New Member

Please don't use any spray cleaners around your tank. Your mechanical filter probably needs changed. Do frequent water changes(every day) with a new filter and that should take care of the smell.
    caj1968

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Are you really supposed to do DAILY water changes even when you have a filter?

7. papastew

papastew New Member

If I'm not mistaken you technically shouldn't need a carbon filter to take care of the smell. All carbon does is create bad habits by not making one do regular water changes. If you do regualr water changes then you should be fine.

8. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

it was my 1g feeder bowl. i emptied it out and the smell went away soon after.