1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A Fish rescue story

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by red devil, Jul 26, 2005.

1. red devil

red devil New Member

I just wanted to share a story about what happened yesturday. Okay here goes a couple months ago my convicts had there 3rd batch of babies (now they practically have babies every 2 seconds) and this time i decided to keep them. So i had them in a temporary 20 gallon till i could find a larger tank and my mothers friend was over with her son who is 13. He had fish but didnt know how to take care of them or anything i always tried to educate him but he nevers listens. He wanted some of my baby convicts and i said no way because i knew he wouldnt care for him. Eventually he convinced me to let him have 2 but only if he took care of them properly andif he didnt i would come back and take them. So for the first time in months i came over his house to feed his fish because he moved and doesnt do it himself. When i came in i noticed he moved his angel fish from his 55 gallon into a 30 gallon and i later found out because the water level was so low the heater cracked on him. So when i went into his room to feed the other fishi saw a ten gallon in the water it turns out he kept my 2 convicts in a 10 gallon and one of them died a while ago. I didnt even bother feeding the fish because the food was open spilled on the ground and rotten. The ten gallon was covered in dead alge and had what looked like mold inside of it. The heater was unplugged and lucky for him (the last convict) it was very hot in the room. I decided that i was taking him with me because of his horrible living conditions. I looked for a type of bag i could put him in but found nothing the only thing left in the house was a big pot so i filled that up with some of the tank water and when i went to get him out with the net it moved the gravel and kicked up a bunch of decay which smelt horriblew and almost made me through up. I put the convict in the pot and took the unplugged heater and went back to my moms house (my parents are divorced). There are no tanks there they are all at my dads so i plugged the heater in and put it in the pot my dad came 3 hours later to pick me up and i put him in a plastic fish bag. When i got to my dads house i had no where to put him exept in my 55 gallon where his mom and dad are along with 2 small jewel fish. He was still small and i took the risk of him being killed by the other fish. Ontop of that he was in a small state of shock so i immediatly let him into the tank where he dropped down and layed at the bottom. I noticed he had a small ase of ich but i didnt care because i was already treating the tank because his mother had fungus and the medicin works for ich to. A little bit later he was beat up a little but was swimming more. Now today his ich is gone but is eating and swimming very good hes just afriad of his other fish but strangly his dad protects him when someone goes near him ( i dont know why if anyone does i would like to know ). I went out just before and baught a new 10 gallon and some mellafix. Once the tank is semi cycled im going to keep him in it untill he heals a full cycle would take to long. He is a male and if anyone knows why the dad protects him and doesnt bother him please tell me but i dont think it could be because he knows its his son or something like that.

2. dude412

dude412 New Member

fell proud that good you rescued him poor little guy good job :y_the_best:

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

good job i would have done the same thing

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Yea congrats, the world needs more people like you and less of the other person you mentioned.

Well some fish just do odd things. For example my gourami protects my betta even thou they have no relations.

When i had my male convict (which i got rid of cuz he was bullying the femlae), he chased the female and nipped the fins, he only got like 2 nips in cuz when he start chasing the betta the gourami would come and slam the convict into the side of the tank.

So yea, good luck, and hope he works out with your other fish.