1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A hairy situation...

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Angie, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Angie

Angie New Member

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent Shianne from shedding so much? She sheds A LOT! Even after I brush her she still gets hair...or fur everywhere. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Bring her outside with a blowdryer? ;)
    Just kidding, I dont know. Harley is such a short haired dog (the first I've ever had, I used to have a lab) and I didn't think she would shed at all really. HA! I can't believe how much hair that girl is losing.
    I will come back to see if anyone has the magic solution.

3. Angie

Angie New Member

Somebody? Anybody?
    Somebody PLEASE have a magic solution for us!!
    :|

4. nern

nern New Member

Maybe giving her a fatty acid supplement would help? There is a product called Mrs.Allen's shed stop which is supposed to reduce unseasonal shedding.
    I'm sure others with have more suggestions for you.

5. Angie

Angie New Member

Thanks Nern, I'll have to look into that!

6. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

although akitas have different coats to pit bulls, i wash kuma once a week a. to wash off other dogs slobber and b. to stop her from shedding. works for her. we dont really notice her shedding much.

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi mixing a little codliver or olive oil into her food helps alot i only give it once a week for about 4weeks and the improvement is great.
    Also petstores sell an oil that you put in there food and this helps reduce the amount of hair being shed.

mike

8. Angie

Angie New Member

Ok, thanks everybody. That sounds great. Ill try it out!
    :D

9. MandysPits16

MandysPits16 New Member

Hey i've been using this stuff called "DERM CAPS EX" it works wonders. i got it from my vet. ask your vet about it and see if they can help you find it, if they don't got it.Hope This Helps

10. Walt

Walt New Member

Hi Angie,

I just saw your post so im not sure if the problem is solved or not. Here are some products that I use regularly to controle my dogs dry ichy skeen & shedding.

The Seameal powder is ausome! it has flaxseed meal in it.
    http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products ... 6&code=591

Salmon Oil
    http://naturmix.com/pages/products/griz ... n_oil.html

These two products together are a 1-2 punch! Use them twice a day mixed in the food and you should notice a real difference with in a week or two, After there skin & coat are back to a normal healthy state I would recommend you use them once a day as maintenance always together and mixed with there food :idea:

11. Angie

Angie New Member

Hey Walt, thanks for the info.
    Shianne doesn't have dry itchy skin though. She hardly ever itches actually. It's just that sheds so much its unbelieveable.
    There is this stuff at Wal-Mart that I am going to try out, don't remember the name of it but its supposed to help... so imma try that first, i guess.