1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A poem for all of us who have lost a special dog, For Sam

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I was just sitting on the couch watching TV with Duke asleep with his head in my lap. These words just came to me out of nowhere. I think maybe my old Jake sent them to me.

They come into our lives
    And give us such love and joy
    And then they are gone
    But never ever forgotten
    Ere soon perhaps a new love may enter
    Not the same love, yet the same
    And you will enjoy that love again
    Keep this in your heart.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thank you so much. I'm printing them out and putting them under his photo. Its hard, Even now i'm crying and everywhere i look he's here, and just the thought of never hearding about him, touching him, seeing him is just too overwhelming.

He was my first boerboel male, and the begining to something great. I'll never be able to express how good of a dog he was.

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Wow...great words... It's odd though...we lost River last night. VERY suddenly he was fine yesterday morning but did throw up his dinner from the night before... So I checked on him throughout the morning to make sure he wasn't sick again (he recently had what we think was gastroeneritis) but he was fine, his normal crazy self etc... So I let him chill till evening feeding and run but when I got out there to take him out and feed and all that jazz he was just laying still... I held him for his last breaths though... SO VERY SAD and sudden...

Thanks for the words...nice to read this morning. If anyone wants to see his little memorial on my website go here and then click on the picture for a couple slide shows:

http://bantamapbt.tripod.com/rip.html

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Sara So sorry to hear about River!! It is never easy to loose a beloved part of the family!!
    The poem is wonderful I have lost many of my fur family and I will remember this one.