1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A post for my Little Lady

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DMikeM, Apr 10, 2008.

1. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Pepsi has crossed the Rainbow Bridge Today. We had a good day. I took off early and came home. I ran a nice hot bath for her and scrubbed her down with some baby shampoo and a good medium scrub brush. She wagged her tail and laid in the warm water and enjoyed every minute. I rubbed her down with a big fluffy towel and we went out and sat in the sun to dry off. It was very nice. The all 4 of us (Duncan, Dowser, & Pepsi) went to the park and walked around as much as her legs would permit. When we were done we waited at the vets for about an hour she even went and weighed herself right when we got in the door. She got to meet several dogs, and there humans, she stood so proud as well as she could her poor legs shaking from trying to show how strong she was. She even got to meet Luna's dad and his fur kids.
    Everyone gave her praise and attention and commented on how good she looked for her age and she kept standing through the whole hour.
    Once we got in the exam room and all alone she collapsed on the floor exhausted. So we sat and waited. When Kim came in we said our good byes and she went on her journey home.
    My heart is so broken right now it hurts to breath and I can hardly see to type. My boys are confused and I think I am too, but I know it was the right time and the right thing to do.

[​IMG]

I Stood By Your Bed Last Night

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

- Author unknown

Dog

When God made the earth and sky,
    The flowers and the trees,
    He then made all the animals
    And all the birds and bees,
    And When his work was finished
    Not one was quite the same.
    He said, "I'll walk this earth of mine
    And give each a name."
    And so he traveled land and sea
    And everywhere he went
    A little creature followed Him
    Until its strength was spent.
    When all were named upon the earth
    And in the sky and sea,
    The little creature said," Dear Lord,
    There is not one left for me."
    The Father smiled and softly said
    "I've left you to the end.
    I've turned my own name back to front
    And call you Dog, my friend."
    ~~~unknown

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am crying my eyes out reading this..
    (((((((((((((big hugs to you))))))))))))))))))
    I'm soo sorry...
    She is a beautiful beautiful girl..
    She looks like she had a wonderful life..

[​IMG]

A rose for Pepsi..

[​IMG]

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

3. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: :cry:

As Chezza have said, she looks like she had a wonderful life..

Hang in there.

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:cry: :m13: Soo sorry for your loss.... Pepsi is a beautiful girl!!! I found it hard to hold back the tears as I read your post... I am so glad that you had a good day with her and pampered her. Your a great person to give her a peaceful passing. She will wait for you and you will be reunited again.

Hang in there and remember all the wonderful times with her!!!

:(

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Reminded me of my honijade...your post did anyway... She was so sick and we made the decision, drove over to the vets as fast as we could and when she came in she was so happy to see us...wagging tail being strong and happy for us...my mom was even there and she was so happy to see her...but once the table was lowered down for her and a blanket laid out she went and curled up in misery...so hard to say goodbye...I still cry for her sometimes Mike...

You made the best decision...and understand that even though she's "just" a dog we all go through the SAME process of grief when we lost a dog as when we lose family...if you feel the least bit like you need some help...don't hesitate...I'm pretty sure as silly as it sounds, my own depression that I recently have come to terms with was a result of the loss of a couple pets...they are our family and losing them is hard...it can be the hardest thing ever...even though they're "just" dogs...

Mike...I'm so sorry for your loss...don't forget to tell your other boys where Pepsi is... I don't doubt dogs understand English... Monty Grieved for Honijade for a LONG time and he still hasn't quite returned to the same dog since her loss. This year I'm going to include him in a trip to her grave and all that stuff. He needs it as much as we do I figure...

So that's that... You and your family (even the furries) are in my thoughts and prayers as you struggle through the loss.

Sara

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I"m so sorry hon. I'm glad you had a good day with her and got to say goodbye.

Your in our thoughts and prayers.

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Here's the poem my vet sent to me when I lost one of my fur babies....

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

:cry:
    Thats so sweet.

I was looking back thru the archives and saw posts about her. I thought i remembered. and wow... she was a great dog!!

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Yes she was and those are the memories that you keep with you and look back on she will always be with you.
    Take care of yourself during this transition time.

10. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Poor Dowser.
    Thursday morning I let the boys out for morning potty break. I got 2 treats out like I normally do (Pepsi never went out for the first potty break). When the boys came in I handed each the cookie, Duncan went in the bedroom as usual but Dowser took his cookie and set his head on the spot Pepsi normally slept at on the couch, he set his cookie there and went to his spot on the other end of the couch as he laid down he let out a huge sigh. He used to trade Pepsi cookies for either toys or rawhide chews, or he would break his cookie in half and share with her. I went in to my office an cried for awhile. When I got done I looked down and there was Dowser with his cookie, I pet his head and he laid it down by me and went to his normal spot by the door and laid down with another big sigh.
    Later on as I got ready for work I hid that cookie and made up the boys daily bowls with new cookies and some beef roast ( bummer for me I took out 3 like usual and nearly broke down again).
    When I got home both were OK but a little more calm than usual.
    Dowser ate his cookie on Friday and this morning and Duncan has been laying in Pepsi's old spot on the couch and spending time close to Dowser. He is being a good daddy I think. So things are getting better but I still tear up often.

I want to thank you all for the support and replies, so Thank you all.

Mike

11. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:( :cry: that just breaks my heart for all of you!! they know that Pepsi is gone and they miss her to..... Hang in there it will get better.

12. rosesmom

rosesmom New Member

I just joined the forum and this is the first post. I am sorry for your loss.

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Oh Mike, it's so hard when you're not the only one cryin' for the loss too...

It's so hard to lose pets. I'm glad things are moving on and that you're sticking to your routine and all that jazz. I feel for all of you guys.

Sara

14. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Sorry for the loss of such a wonderful friend. She is at peace now. I know it was hard and wish you the best.