1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

a question about puffers

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Jan 13, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

i was wondering is there any kind of puffer that is not agressive?? i would like to put some tetras like fruit loop in my 35 but i like puffers to so is there a kind that could be kept with tetras?

2. Loach

Loach New Member

Dwarf puffers should be fine

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

eh, even dwarfs can be semi aggressive.

4. venom

venom New Member

not a dwarf puffer. none can be kept with tetras. dwarf puffers will easily be swallowed/be sucked up into the filter. If you really want a dwarf get a smaller tank like a 10g. The filter for the 35g is not likely strong.

Hope this helps

Dillon

5. tski22

tski22 New Member

Good question. Most puffers are either salt or brackish water. I think there may be one or two freshwaters speicies but i dont know how much luck you would have finding them in your area. My suggestion would be to create community in the 35 with the tetras and such, and buy an inexpensize 5 gallon set up and create a small puffer tank. That way you could have 2 or 3 puffers in the 5 gallon and have your 35 with a community. That would be my suggestion hope this helps. -tl