1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

a very strange news story

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by someday, Nov 18, 2005.

1. someday

someday New Member

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

That's so strange. If he didn't think the dog should be put to sleep, he should have told them.

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

That is a bit strange although Ive heard of similar stories. Im wondering if he was planning on using the dog for an experimental drug or something for the heart murmour. I shouldnt speculate but if the dog wasnt being abused by the owners then I cant think of any other reason why the vet would do this. I have known of one vet in particular that would send strays to a research lab, one I know that had seizures, the usual drugs didnt work and the type of seizures the dog was having involved mutilating itself, the vet at the shelter spent months trying to get the dog onto a medical plan, they even did an MRI and countless other tests, eventually the dog was sent to a vet lab. :?

I remember a case a few years back at one of the vets I worked at, the owners had brought a pomeranian in to be euthanized, the owners didnt stay and the dog was put in a cage, when the tech took it out to put it to sleep it bit her, she dropped it, it took off towards the door just as someone walked in and the dog ended up back at the owners a day or 2 later. The hospital got sued for it.

Also I 'almost' got one of my rescues when an abusive owner brought her dog in to be euthanized, nothing medically wrong with the dog, it was behavioural problems and it was so obvious that the owner was the cause (I think she had Munchausen Syndrome or something....but its a long story), I tried to talk her into signing the dog over to me but she was adamant that we euthanized her, shes a chihauha mix and weighed about 5#. The husband agreed to sign her over but not the wife....there was a serious conversation between myself and the vet as to what we would do, we were not going to euthanize her. Eventually the woman agreed to sign her over but if she hadnt......!

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thats awful this couple were distraught over having there little buttons put to sleep and they went away thinking that it was done and she was now out of pain and happy.

This vet in my opinion should be struck off he was out of order and if he thought he wanted to keep her and he look after her he should have told the owners this. I personally would sue my vet if they did that to one of my animals.

But atleast they got to spend more time with her thats a good thing i suppose.

Mike