1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A white worm problem

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by halinar, Apr 13, 2005.

1. halinar

halinar New Member

Ok, the information I have here is kinda vague... Long story slightly less long here, I got an e-mail from my ex saying that our son dumped his jar of brine shrimp directly into his 10 gallon tank (he has my patience :D ). Well now he's lost several fish (some are missing with out bodies apparently ??) and he has white worms in the tank.

It also sounds like there might be other problems which I have sent my advice on but I've never had to deal with little white worms in any of my tanks over the years. From what I've read they are probably harmless and cleaning and water changes should deal with them. Does this sound correct?

Thanks, and the thanks from my wee one.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, cleaning and feeding less should get rid of the worms. But since he dumped so many brine shrimp in the tank, chances are the ammonia shot up pretty high and that's what's killing the fish. He should test the ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte levels and if they are any higher than 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte, and 20 nitrAte, he should start doing water changes to get them back down to those readings.

-Chelle

3. halinar

halinar New Member

Thanks for the info. That was the first thing I suggested was to get the water cleaned which would help with the salt and the left over shrimp eggs.