1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a another?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by abbeys-mom, Aug 24, 2004.

1. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

as some of you may know, I have been looking to adopt, resuce, take in, etc another small dog for our family. We currently have Abbey, 14 months old spayed female shih tzu, friendly and only intimidated by large dogs, anything her size she will kiss and play to death!
    I tried to adopt a JRT, but upon going to meet him, it wouldn't work out, I could tell he was a bit too agressive, but a lovely pet. He was adopted by a family and he is the only dog, so I am glad for him...

Anyways, I happened to be out and ran into the apparent breeder that I got my Abbey from, long story, but anyways I would consider her a back yard breeder, but I didn't know it at the time when I purchased Abbey. Anyways, she has an adult dog 2 years old, white pekingese that is looking to retire from breeding. The only reason why I know about this dog, is because I inquired, and she said from time to time she does have adult dogs that are retiring and need homes.

Does anyone know about dogs like this and if they have health issues, etc?

Thanks!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Gina has a pekinese. You might try pm her on the breed, as for health issues because she is retiring at 2 is raising big flags. You dont even start to breed a pup until they they are 2, so its sounds like she was bred too young and possibly multpole times. Sam knows a lot about this.

You made the right decision with a JRT, they are extremely active and require a lot of attention and exercise like a job to do.

Sounds like she just needs a loving home and would be a good fit, hopfully you can get more help on the health part

honeybear

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Retiring at 2!!!!! WTF!!!!!! Were they breeding her befor then?? Yeah, BIG RED FLAGS!!!!

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I have a 17 month old Pekingese named Fancy. She is a very loving obedient dog really she's just an all around awesome dog. She does however have severe allergies (IM not sure if that is a common trait amongst the breed??) She also has a bad case of little/big dog syndrome! She has no idea she is a little dog. As IM sure you know I also have Pit Bulls and she always keeps them in their place...LOL
    She is also a very protective little dog she is happy and outgoing but very wary of strangers until she gets to know them.
    Here are a few pictures of her.

Fancy's Link
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v338/reginaha/Fancy/

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

"Retiring at 2!!!!! WTF!!!!!! Were they breeding her befor then?? Yeah, BIG RED FLAGS!!!!"

Sam I knew you wouldnt hold back :D

honeybear

6. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

HELLO ALL,

Gina, your Peek is gorgeous!

The reason, I was asking for your help, is cause I think that this apparent breeder is exactly that, not a real breeder at all.
    But, I think if I can get the owner to let me take the dog for a check up at my vet, and all turns out well, I will adopt her.
    At least I would be saving her from whatever the apparent breeder would do with her if I wasn't to take her.

I will keep you all posted.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Yes, I would definitely consider it a rescue situation. Kudos to you, and I hope it works out!