1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

adding nutrients for plants

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by drab911, May 8, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

hey everyone.. well its been about 2 weeks now.. my tank is crystal clear without any chemicals.. and all my numbers are 0 including my Nitrates.. which is why I have a question.. I can tell that my plants are loosing a bit of colour... I have 4 watts per gallon.. CO2 injection.. but since my nitrates are so low I thin khtey are starving for nutrients.. do you guys reccomend adding anything for this?? My CO2 kit came with this iron additive... What do I need to test for besides nitrates to determine how much stuff to add? THanks guys I got a lot of money in these plants i dont want them dieing hehee and i know i have taken every step except for food.. everyone on here said my tank is too overstalked but obvisouly not i guess..

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

The reoson you may see that you have so little NitrAtes is because the plants can absorb those NitrAtes and use them, just like they use the CO2 injection. Your tank is probably overstocked, bit because it is so heavily planted, the plants are more than likely absorbing all those NitrAtes. I couldnt tell you why they are losing color. They may possibly be getting too much CO2 and light. It is tricky to get them the right amount but if you undershoot or overshoot that amount you will more than likely see a decline in your plants health. -tl