1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ADOPTED! YEA!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:eek: I have been watching these on the Dept of Animal Control Website praying they will get adopted, kind of! I had decided that if they didn't I was going to adopt both of them even if Sarge was still a youngster! But, they were given a home! Mocha is the Belgian you all saw when I posted our local humane shelter website, and Frankie is the shepherd puppy withone blue and one brown eye!

Frankie
    http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL525/22 ... -33041.jpg

Mocha
    http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL525/22 ... -14431.jpg

Yahoo for Frankie and Mocha! Take a peek at thei pretty girl that is now tempting me to adopt adopt adopt!

Sasha- Three month old American Eskimo/Terrier mix
    http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL525/22 ... -56846.jpg

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What cuties!

Now take a deep breath and stop looking at puppies! Give Sarge some more time to bond with you and learn how to behave. Do NOT look at adoption sites or it is only a matter of time before you end up with one. Trust me, I know. :)

Jamiya

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Jamiya- Thanks! I needed that!!!!!! :roll: It's like you already know me!

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

They are all adorable!
    I fostered an American Eskimo once and she was the smartest little thing.
    She was potty trained within a week and 1 month later when she was adopted she had mastered all basic commands. They are great little dogs but she was a big time barker.

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

[-X No, No, No Gina H! =; I am not listening! I have NO will power! I really want Sasha!

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

thats right, close yor eyes and say bla bla bla I will not

:mrgreen: but they are so hard to resist

honeybear

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Dont worry sargesmom you are not alone. I want another dog so bad, but I know 4 would be alot harder to care for. UGGG! And my hubby is no help he keeps trying to convince me to get another dog. I cant look at puppies anymore!

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

yes you absolutely do not want a AESpitz, they are terrible disgsting litle things http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=29226 just kidding but I have that problem where I can convince myself I would be so much better with a 2nd dog, but I know deep down inside I shouldn'T. Everyone would look at me like I am a weirdo, people my age think I am already weird to have 1 dog, if I were to have 2 they would think I was super weirdo!! And I always need to remind myself, ok just because I would "rescue" a dog from a shelter doesn'T mean I would be the best home, I mean after I already have a dog, because maybe there wouldn'T be enough of me to go around (I spend most of the day at home with my anmals and one always seems to be jealous of the other) and someone out there wants that one dog and by me taking it home he loses his chances with that person (unless of course you foster and I mean really foster, the dog has to go to someone, you are not allowed to keep it!!) I guess I feel guilty because when I got Luther, I got him from the pound on his kill date and I was the first person there that day, but someone(who was a friend of the pound warden) was promised this dog, and all over the place signs posted saying ony on a first come first serve basis, anyway I don'T want to get into all that, butanother person showed up for him and I was torn in the fact I had come ther for that dog, but when so many other people wanted him I told myself, I will not leave here today empty handed, if I don'T get him I'l take another one. But I ended up getting him, but anyway the point is so many people wanted him and no one wanted the other dogs there, if I really was doing it to help an animal why didn't I take one of the others, who wasn'T so wanted? But I do love Luther and he loves me, but he loves everyone! I just always think oh those other people were bad horrible people!

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

lil96- Don't ever beat yourself up for getting Luther and loving him and letting him love you. I am sure Luterh does not regret it at all! Besides, you cannot be responsible for other people's actions or inactions. You will drive yourself crazy!

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I know how you feel, lil96. But you also have to realize that you need to choose a dog that appeals to you and fits into your lifestyle. I felt bad when I was looking for a second dog that "looks" was part of my criteria. Of course, I wanted certain personality traits (and the absence of certain others) but the way the dog looked also figured into it. Granted, I also tend to fall in love with any dog that is sweet and end up thinking he/she is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. :)

Don't beat yourself up. Life is too short for that.

Jamiya

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Yet another reason my arguement that love for an animal is the same in so many ways to the love of a person. When you fall inlove with a person that is of maybe just average looks they become so much more attractive to you because you love them. Same with even the scruffiest mutt. Beautiful when they are loved!